Avenger's OutPOST - An MCU Thread (SPOILERS!)

I think Season 1 had the highest highs, but Season 2 was consistently better throughout. If I were handing out grades I’d say that Season 1 was a 7.5/10 (the first half was a 9/10 & the second half probably a 6/10). And I’d grade Season 2 as an 8/10 season. Season 2 was a fun ride. I think Bushmaster was a good villain that was a nice middle-point between Cottonmouth & Diamondback, the Iron Fist episode was great, Reg E. Cathey & Alfre Woodard acted their hindparts off, and the ending sets up some interesting possibilities for Season 3.

And Always Forward should be back w/new episodes starting in late July-early August.

I wasn’t a huge fan of the last season of AOS…But I did like the last few episodes of the season. Cloak & Dagger’s a decent little show (especially considering it’s a FreeForm show). The first 2 episodes are kind of slow, but things get moving by the end of episode 3. Basically anytime the title characters are together, the show works…But a lot of the first 3 episodes were them apart. :100:

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Aslong as comcast stays away… at ace con this weekend on of the character designers andy park said he could not comment on how he would design the suits for the x-men because the situatian right now … he didnt want to start rumors … but i recon they got some stuff going … well that is my best guese

I think I can agree with the analysis but might disagree on the grades a little. I’d give season one an 8 - 8.5 (I don’t think it drops of the cliff as hard as a lot of other people do really) and season two a 9.

Knowing when Always Forward returns is good because I found out about it after season one was done and never listened. Now I can binge all the episodes and be ready for the new stuff when it drops.

I believe I heard that Fox has accepted Disney’s bid and as long as all goes well it’s just a case of signing contracts and transferring dollars.

Comicbook movie news just put this up so it is getting close the department of justice had approved it, but some parties are saying comcast is gonna do an other big bid.

Disney’s got more money than Comcast, right? I can’t imagine they’ll bow out. I wouldn’t be surprised to find out years from now that Comcast had no interest in buying Fox they just made a deal with them to push the price up. :rofl:

I’m about halfway through Season 2 and so far I agree with Nate. Its been good (and getting better with each episode) but not “Great” yet. I also don’t find it particularly “bingable”. The episodes rarely end on a cliffhanger and I never feel like I need to watch the next one like I did watching some of the previous seasons of Daredevil and Jessica Jones.

I will say that I think Collen is my new favorite character of the Defenders universe and was happy when she showed up.

I’m just here casually waiting for Endgame… April can’t come soon enough.

1 Like

Well, you did it. But…

:rofl::popcorn::100:

1 Like

Thor Rhanarok
Guardians of the Galaxy
Doctor Strange
Iron Man
The Incredible Hulk
Iron Man 2
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Ant-Man
Marvel’s The Avengers
Captain America: The First Avenger
Captain Marvel
Thor
Captain America: Civil War
Ant-Man and the Wasp
Spider-Man: Homecoming
Avengers: Infinity War
Avengers: Endgame
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
Iron Man 3
Black Panther
Thor: The Dark World
Avengers: Age of Ultron

Personally i loved the first phase of the MCU and i keep my interest to the MCU until thor raknarok, then i kinda lost interest in it as most of the film that follow i found either boring or just blah. Infinity wars wasn’t a bad movie but i was bored the whole time and i felt the same way for a good portion of endgame as well.

New trailer for “Far From Home”…It looks like bidness is about to pick up! :100:

2 Likes

It looks fantastic.

Great trailer. Anyone think that perhaps they are using the multiverse concept to introduce the mutants? We were talking about how they might bring in the X-Men in the other avengers thread a few days ago, and this is sort of along the lines of what Nate suggested given Fury’s explanation for why Multiverses are now a factor.

Could also be a bit of a red herring I suppose. Mysterio is the main villain after all, so there is a chance that this is all one of his theatrical plots.

2 Likes

That’s my thing…

I would love if this were a way to introduce a multiverse & have the X-Men/FF integrated into the MCU over the next 5-10 years. Thing is, we know Mysterio (at least from the comics) is a habitual line-stepper who can’t be trusted; so this whole thing could be a swerve (Listen Bro!).

I’m also excited to see if we get a Miles Morales appearance in this flick. I’m not expecting full-fledged in-costume Miles, but just a quick scene where he’s now attending Peter Parker’s school would be amazing (no pun intended)! :100:

1 Like

Yeah I’m with you. It looks like their doing their own interpretation of one of the early Mysterio stories (I always remember it from the 60’s cartoon).

As far as Miles, I think I’d wait to introduce him because I think that his relationship with an older and more experienced Peter has a bit more meat on it for both characters (last years PS4 Spider-Man game is the perfect example of this), and then from there you can ultimately tell Miles own stories, after Marvel gets a chance to do some of Peters.

1 Like

Watched Spiderman: Far From Home today and I’ll probably be in the minority, but I was extremely disappointed.

The first half of the movie was pretty boring, because you knew Mysterio was going to be making the heel turn and I was just waiting for it to get there. Unfortunately, despite only watching 1 or 2 trailers, I felt like I knew everything I needed to know already, up until the heel turn.

Once the heel turn came, it got slightly better. There were some cool scenes with Mysterio fucking with Peter, but other than that…I felt this was really weak coming off of Endgame.

I was even more disappointed by the mid-credits scene. After hearing it is some big, “game changing” scene, I was expecting maybe some sort of hint to the Fantastic 4, maybe even something regarding Norman Osborne, possibly setting him up as a future big bad. But just revealing Spidermans identity wasnt that big to me. All these heroes identities get revealed at some point. The best part was JK Simmons, reprising his role as J. Jonah Jameson from the Tobey Maguire films.

You just made my day

1 Like

Saw it Tuesday night & I dug it. Going to watch it again tomorrow afternoon.

My first impression is that it’s a solid palette-cleanser from the heaviness of “Endgame”. It shows the fallout from the last two Avengers films while also having ramifications for the MCU going forward.

Is it a Top-10 MCU joint? No…But it’s sweet, charming, & funny; plus it has maybe one of my favorite superhero movie fight scenes ever. A solid 7.5-8/10 flick. :100:

1 Like

I enjoyed it as well. Loved the special effects and the movie overall.

Selling Mysterio as a hero when he has NEVER been a good guy in the comics is insulting my geekiness.

I thought it was a good movie.