Baron Corbin reacts to Braun Strowman's tweets: "If you cower and back down after, you were doing it for clout"

Originally published at Baron Corbin reacts to Braun Strowman's tweets following WWE Crown Jewel

Baron Corbin weighs in on Strowman’s post-Crown Jewel tweets. 

Following Braun Strowman’s performance at WWE Crown Jewel against Omos, Strowman took to social media to boast about the match. 

He expressed his opinion that it was better than what ‘floppy floppers’ and ‘flippy flippers’ do and made references to those wrestlers bagging groceries. Strowman added that he views himself as the most elite big man in the wrestling industry’s history. He would later retract some of his remarks and said he was having fun. 

On the latest episode of WWE After The Bell, Baron Corbin was asked about what Strowman tweeted and feels if one is not willing to stand on what they say, they were just doing it for attention. Corbin feels if you’re calling yourself the best big man and no one else is saying it, then it’s not valid. 

I think, yeah, do you but whatever it is, stand behind it . If you cower and back down after, then you didn’t really mean it, you were doing it for clout, doing it for show, doing it for social media. I don’t do anything for social media and I also don’t go out and label myself whatever it is. If you’re gonna go out and tweet, ‘I’m the greatest big man this business has ever seen,’ if you’re saying it and you’re the one that’s having to put the title, nobody else is saying it about you, then you’re full of crap and so if you’re gonna go out there and you’re gonna bash little guys, look, I have some respect for guys like Rey Mysterio who have done unbelievable things at his size and his stature and he is iconic and there will be a lot of people that will come along in the future that will get compared to him and wanna be him but there will never be another Rey Mysterio. There is a place for those guys like we talked about. It may not be the main event but there is a place for them so if you’re gonna go out on social media and say those things and the minute people start firing back at you, you back down or you cower away or you try to say it was a joke, that’s when I get irritated. Stand behind what you say, be a man and back it up and also, for me, I’m going out there, for ten years now, I’ve irritated people and not cared how they felt. My job is not to make anybody who watches what I do happy. That is not my job. For right now, Braun, that is his job. His job is to go out, get people excited, he’s on that side of the fence, he’s a ‘good guy’ if you will and so to go out and do that, I don’t understand it but you know, I think that you should take pride in being a big man and putting on a show like that but the minute you have to tell people how good you are and make up your own star rating, I’m out.

Corbin was in action on the 11/22 Monday Night Raw. His on-screen story with Akira Tozawa cost him a match versus Drew McIntyre. To read a written recap of Raw, click here

If the quote in this article is used, please credit WWE After The Bell with an H/T to POST Wrestling for the transcription.