Batista and New World Order to be inducted into WWE Hall of Fame

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2019/12/09/batista-and-new-world-order-to-be-inducted-into-wwe-hall-of-fame/

WWE has announced its first inductees for its 2020 WWE Hall of Fame ceremony.

As first reported by People magazine, Batista (David Bautista) enters the WWE Hall of Fame for the first time.

A former six-time WWE World Champion, Batista made his on-screen debut in May of 2002, becoming a top star in the promotion before departing for a brief stint in MMA and a highly-successful acting career in 2010. After a brief comeback in 2013-2014, Batista last wrestled for the company at this year’s WrestleMania 35, losing to Triple H in a No Holds Barred match that resulted in his storyline-exit from in-ring competition.

Bautista told People, “Vince called me personally to ask me, I was just … I wasn’t surprised, but I was pretty happy. It’s a good feeling, it’s a really great feeling.”

Also to be inducted, as first reported by ESPN, will be the New World Order (nWo), represented by “Hollywood” Hulk Hogan, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, and Sean “Syxx” Waltman, each receiving their second inductions.

The group infamously made its debut at WCW Bash at the Beach 1996 with the then-shocking heel turn of longtime crowd-favourite Hogan, joining Nash and Hall following a series of surprise appearances on WCW Nitro that hinted at an impending invasion from their former employer, WWF. WCW would later distance Nash and Hall’s inferred association with WWF following a trademark infringement lawsuit from Titan Sports. Sean Waltman would join the group as “Syxx” (partially as a reference to him being the group’s sixth member) two months later. The group’s popularity would spearhead WCW’s dominance over the WWF in the late-90’s.

“You’ve got four guys that were basically going at Vince as a shoot, pushing hard to actually try to take over,” Hogan told ESPN’s Marc Raimondi. “Not put him out of business but basically take his spot and be the No. 1 company. All of a sudden, you’re inducting four guys in the Hall of Fame that 20 years ago were trying to stab you in the back. It’s like Vince says: In the WWE, never say never.”

Hogan was first inducted in 2005, Hall (as “Razor Ramon”) in 2014, Nash in 2015, and Waltman (as part of D-Generation X) last year.

The 2020 WWE Hall of Fame ceremony is set to take place on Thursday, April 2nd, 2020 at the Amalie Arena in Tampa, FL.

When I 1st heard about the NWO going in, I actually thought they were already in until I realised, they were in as individuals

1 Like

How is Batista going to be at the HOF induction when he’s main eventing Bloodsport against Killer Kross the same night?

Well this answers my question about how they’ll handle the nWo being inducted. The answer is terribly.

If it’s not just going to be the original trio…then why only four members and why X-Pac as that fourth? This is WWE trying to rewrite history and/or the Kliq pulling strings - at least they didn’t include Shawn Michaels in that case.

‘Syxx’ was practically a blip in the history and significance of the nWo yet we have Hogan talking about “four guys that were basically going at Vince as a shoot”. It’s nonsense. If they don’t want to include Bischoff, Vincent, etc because they’re not on good terms or whatever…then what about Big Show?

Because he’s not

I’m guessing maybe because in the WWE run of the NWO where he was in for almost the whole run. Not really the memorable part of the NWO but I’m sure that is the reasoning.

Yeah, but that’s my point regarding Big Show. Not only was he more significant to the original nWo than X-Pac, he was in the WWE version with him and is still signed with the company.

But X-PAC was more important to WWE NWO. Which may be all Vince cares about. It should just be the 3 Original Members though. Also big show still being signed might be why he isn’t in there as they seem not to induct “active” wrestlers.

It’s Vince’s hall of fame so really none of it makes sense or matters. For all we know in three years nWo WolfPac will go in. It’s not even worth discussing

That music though. nWo Wolfpac in the house…

Isn’t Koko B Ware in the hall of fame? Like it’s worthless anyway

I feel like Nash and X-Pac and Hall are inducted into the HoF every other year.

Happy for Batista, though. Hope he gets out with a spotlight. :sunglasses:

What have you got against Koko? Is it a black thing?

Huh? Go troll someone else

Koko B. Ware had 800 or so matches for WWE per Cage Match, over 600 of which were only for the fans in attendance that night, and about 800 more for other promotions between 1978 and 2019. But fuck him because Vince McMahon never booked him to win a fake belt.

How the hell do you trim.the NWO down to 3 people? They had like half the WCW roster it felt like…but, yeah, let’s put more attention on Hogan…

It is not a proper hall of fame with rules like other hall of fames so not to be taken seriously. All they want to do is have great guests to sell tickets.

The 4 is more arbitrary. The original 3 members are very clear.

Especially when the “fourth” is named Syxx for a very specific reason…

1 Like

But, you could argue that Scott Steiner was more important than Syxx. Or, Buff Bagwell. Or Paul Wight, or Rick Rude…I could go on, but you get my point

Yes, except when you look at WWE’s NWO run which is why I assume he is in there, rather than others. It should just be the original 3. But X-PAC was the longest running member in wwe. If you look at WCW he wasn’t a big deal.