Bayley, Dakota Kai & Io Shirai confront Bianca Belair & Becky Lynch at WWE SummerSlam

Originally published at Bayley, Dakota Kai & Io Shirai confront Bianca Belair & Becky Lynch at WWE SummerSlam

Bayley, Io Shirai and Dakota Kai arrive at SummerSlam.

Kicking off WWE SummerSlam in Nashville, Tennessee was Bianca Belair defending the Raw Women’s Championship against Becky Lynch. Belair emerged victorious after hitting a Spanish Fly and then following it up with the K.O.D. to secure the win.

Post-match, Belair’s celebration was cut off by the returning Bayley, who had been sidelined with a knee injury since the summer of 2021. She and Belair were supposed to compete in an ‘I Quit’ match at Money in the Bank.

Following up on Bayley’s return was Dakota Kai, who was released from WWE earlier this year. Kai’s most recent match for the company was on the 4/12 NXT 2.0.

Kai and Bayley were then joined by former NXT Women’s Champion Io Shirai and the trio went to the ring and confronted Bianca Belair. Becky Lynch stood side-by-side with Belair as Bayley, Kai and Io backed away.

.@itsBayleyWWE is back and it looks like she came with some backup 👀#SummerSlam pic.twitter.com/6jrDeLkvcY

— WWE (@WWE) July 31, 2022

GIF reactions ⤵️#SummerSlam pic.twitter.com/1VwvTXbCi4

— WWE (@WWE) July 31, 2022

Following tonight’s Premium Live Event, POST Wrestling is going live with our review of the event.

Sounded like Io Shirai will now be called Io Sky, based on how the announcers were talking.

This group has my fullest attention.

Did more than Corey call her that? Because I heard him, but I thought he kind of combined Shirai with Kai by accident.

I heard Byron Saxton call her that too.

A little while ago a friend relayed news from Mike Johnson that her new name is Iyo Skye.