Becky Lynch says Vince McMahon’s exit marks “the dawning of a new era”

Originally published at Becky Lynch says Vince McMahon’s exit marks “the dawning of a new era”

Becky Lynch, who suffered a separated shoulder at SummerSlam last Saturday, has spoken of a “new era” at WWE after the departure of Vince McMahon.

The six-time champion spoke of excitement and optimism as the new creative team took charge, but also paid tribute to McMahon, who she said had believed in her.

Lynch was speaking to ESPN in an interview published today but conducted on the eve of SummerSlam. She said:

It is the dawning of a new era. For me, it’s crazy and sad because everything I’ve ever known about WWE has always had Vince in charge, and we wouldn’t have WWE the way it is if it wasn’t for Vince. He’s somebody who believed in me and allowed me to do everything that I’ve done.

Turning to the new regime, she commented:

We have the opportunity to change some things that maybe weren’t so great that we didn’t love. I think everybody’s very excited and optimistic because we know that the people in charge some of the greatest minds in the business, you know.

Having Triple H at the helm of the ship is phenomenal. What he’s done with NXT speaks for itself. What he did with the women’s division and how he allowed us to change the business forever speaks for itself.

There has been a tendency in the past for creative to change last minute, or we don’t know where we’re going. It’s hard to bring everybody along on this journey if we’re rambling.

Triple H has a great eye for storytelling and for treating the women the same way he treats the guys. Just everybody’s equal. How do we tell great stories? And that’s all this is.

The ESPN story also touches on changes that some are already attributing to the new creative team, including the sudden rise of Ciampa, and the attempt to elevate the United States Championship on Raw this week.

It further reports on the new “leadership trio” of Levesque, Stephanie McMahon, and Nick Khan, who ESPN claims are planning to look at each part of the business with “a fresh set of eyes”.

1 Like

Aye Neal ayeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

1 Like