Becky Lynch states that she still has a few more years left in her, hopes to defend WWE Tag Titles at WrestleMania

Originally published at Becky Lynch states that she still has a few more years left in her, hopes to defend WWE Tag Titles at WrestleMania

A tag title defense on night two of WrestleMania 39 is what Lynch is eyeing. 

In late February, Becky Lynch and WWE Hall of Famer Lita became Women’s Tag Team Champion by besting Dakota Kai and IYO SKY on Monday Night Raw. 

At WrestleMania 39, Lynch is going to team with Lita and Trish Stratus to take on Damage CTRL (Bayley, Dakota Kai & IYO SKY). 

Lynch discussed WrestleMania and her journey through pro wrestling during a sit-down conversation on The Tommy Tiernan Show. Lynch mentioned that she’s been in the business for 21 years and thinks she still has a few more years left in her. 

Well I started (wrestling) 21 years ago and so, I still have a few more years left in me… (And then there will come a time) to hang up the boots, yeah.

She believes the six-woman tag at WrestleMania is happening on night one. Becky said she’s hoping to defend the Women’s Tag Titles on night two. 

Well WrestleMania is the big one. That is on April 1st and 2nd… That will be in SoFi Stadium in Los Angeles… 80,000 people per night, two nights. Two nights of WrestleMania and so I’m going in first night, I believe, WrestleMania, in a six-woman match and then because I’m Tag Team Champion, I’m hoping that I will be defending my title the second night too. So ‘Becky two fights’ they’ll call me. I don’t know. We’ll try to get that on a t-shirt or something.

Trish Stratus dove into the upcoming WrestleMania match and weighed in on if it’ll be a one-off for her or if viewers can expect more post-WrestleMania. To read her comments, click here

If the quotes in this article are used, please credit The Tommy Tiernan Show with an H/T to POST Wrestling for the transcriptions.