Being the Elite thread... (Spoiler Warning)

I now have a huge smile when BSB comes on at the bar.
I want it that way

Love the new intro. I’m a big fan of that 8-Bit video game style stuff that Spring Break has done and now this. It is so obvious that Marty & Flip are going to AEW eventually, with them still having cameos, even in this intro. Trevor & Arthur were great as usual. I really liked Michael Nakazawa. I actually hope we see more of him. MJF was also great as usual.

I’m getting a little bored of SCU & the Full Gear shit though. It feels really lame for someone they are wanting to push as a guy that could be the first AEW champion.

I totally forgot about Trevor and Arthur

The announcement of their second show was incredibly lackluster. I wouldn’t have done it so soon. I think they are feeling the heat of not being the most talked about thing with Mania season in full swing and them not building to anything that weekend

It felt a little weak to be honest. A filler episode summed this up greatly.

I’m not gonna lie. Going into Double or Nothing, I’m nowhere near as excited about it, as I was for All In. I dont like the direction of a lot of the stuff on BTE right now. There is zero going on to build Omega/Jericho. I know a lot will probably say it doesnt need it, but I think it needs something. I’m interested in the Jericho stuff, fucking with the Bucks & Cody on the other show, but I think that could be held off a bit.

The Hangman Page stuff brutally sucks. This guy looks like a comedy midcarder right now. If I was just a casual fan tuning in, this guy is not even close to main event level right now. Pac is non existant. No promos, nothing.

SCU is just doing the same basic stuff every week. Its lame and its not building to their match in any way.

The hands down stars of the show right now, are Michael Nakazawa(who has appeared once) and MJF who constantly steals the show every week. They’ve tried to hint at who Cody might face, but it just looks like they are building to Cody vs MJF for Double or Nothing, which I want to see, but it will be a big disappointment for this show.

Sammy Guevara has been decent, but I dont really get where they are going with this.

Bucks/Lucha Bros is what it is. The match has been good, but the build is not spectacular.

The Librarian gimmick I can see being funny for one show. I expect some idiot to come out and try to silence the crowd, only for the crowd to go crazy and the guy gets destroyed.

Since the AEW announcement, my interest has dropped big time and I dont think that is a good thing. I doubt that I’m the only one. Though I know they have their fans who will love anything that they do, even if it is garbage.

1 Like

As an Elite Mark I agree that momentum has slowed considerably but I also look at it as it’s Wrestlenania season and they are going out of their way to avoid being involved in any of the weekends plans. We have 2+ months to a show. They are treading water until after Mania season during which it is very hard to compete for headlines (what with having no TV or big shows planned).

But wait until we get to April/May, and the wrestling world is angry at WWE for going to Saudi Arabia again, and they can focus on builds to matches with guys doing so many Indy gigs in between. I think we’ll see a lot more positive momentum than we do right now.

Ummmmm

I know it’s Wrestlemania season but the Bucks and Kenny said Punks name multiple times in the same breath as Tony Khans on this weeks episode. That’s too close to the fire to be a coincidence. Is it too early to be disappointed if we don’t get Punk by All Out?

1 Like

I’m not even sure I noticed. What I did notice though, was a Chris Charlton shout out from Kenny. We need Chris in AEW.

1 Like

I love Chris too much for him to leave New Japan.

I need to rewatch some of it as I caught it at the gym and the volume was weak for some sections.

Yeah watch the end scene they keep saying Punk wouldn’t do this.

Really like the new twist on the battle royal. Should give a lot of people the chance to shine and it saves possibly one big entrance for the end, which could be smart if its a surprise.

I’ve never been a fan of the Best Friends, but I’m starting to like them the past couple episodes.

Penelope Ford…shes fucking gorgeous, thats all.

1 Like

Great episode. I laughed out loud for Best Friends and even harder for Mikes secret stuff (who’s Mike?).

And what great use of a text msg read. LMAO crying face emoji is the best Text read since CM Punk’s Kevin Nash riff

1 Like

Another good episode. Enjoyed the Bucks/Avalon bit. The Evans/Angelico package was nice, but they need to start signing some teams with different styles. It feels like most of these teams are high fliers.

Wondering if Page pulling the Pepsi truck was hinting at CM Punk or if it was just a coincidence.

There has been tooooo much CM Punk nods for it to be coincidence. Standby my expectation of him being part of this company by 2020. Although, my feelings on whether I like AEW or not is not contingent on Punk’s arrival.

2 Likes

If they have him, I’d save him for the first episode of their TV.

2 Likes

Or the Upfronts.
Turner would make a huge splash if he was announced there.

That Rick Knox signing was a legit beautiful moment, I only know Anjelico and Jack Evans from Lucha Underground and I loved them there, very excited to see them in a match. My DirecTV has Double or Nothing going 4 hours so 7 matches seems right

The SCU video was everything it needed to be. And you can’t even knock em for doing Rocky again because you know they did it entirely to be ironic (tongue in cheek)

I died when Kaz yelled CIMA and I died again at the Arthur and Trevor cameo

1 Like

Me watching that opening scene of Episode 152

txu4v

Now me personally. I would have staged it so the guy doing survellience on Page was actually Joey Ryan. And then do the Joey Ryan vs Hangman Page match to follow up on All In

1 Like

I think you need something bigger to offset the disappointment that some fans are probably feeling. Maybe it’s just me, but I dont feel like Joey Ryan is as over as he was, going into All In. I wasnt feeling the love Wrestlemania Weekend.

1 Like