Besides POST, what other wrestling sources and podcasts do you love?

I think we’re just over-speculating on this instance.

I listen to Podcasts while I work. I download a bunch.

All of the Conrad Thompson Podcasts
Both Jim Cornette Podcasts
Eastern Lariat
Lucha Talk
Marty and Sarah
Sunday Nights Main Event

I listen to the other wrestler hosted podcasts when they have an interesting guest / topic to discuss. There is just too much podcasts to choose from which is a good thing. Plus I listen too a bunch of soccer, true crime, and travel podcasts.

I am only a patreon member of post wrestling. I am very loyal to John and Wai. They were making podcasts before everyone else was. I remember a time when it was basically Live Audio Wrestling Podcasts ( with John and Wai ) and Colt Cabana to choose from.

I haven’t listened to Masked Man in a while. I always thought Shoemaker was trying to force narratives that weren’t there. His book is the same way, every chapter is “here’s why this dead midcarder was actually super important to wrestling history and here’s why his character paralleled his real life.”

1 Like

Only really listen to Post Wrestling and WrestleTalk.

This is the Bill Simmons method. I like both of them, but throw in a relatively obvious pop culture reference to associate them with and that’s the Simmons style. Which is why The Ringer in general is like that - which i do actually enjoy for the most part.

John finally admitted in the all in ask a wai that Jason has beef with them. He said the ball is in his court to resolve their issues.

Another I would recommend is LAW Alum, Bartender Dave’s new show, “Call to Arms”. Still does great content each week.

Honestly the POST slate of programs is so vast, they’re the only wrestling content I listen to religiously. Not to mention the fact that my podcast-listening time has become so limited now that Marvel/DC/Movie pods have taken up so much of my listening time.

After POST, the shows/networks I listen to on an à la carte basis are:

• Place To Be Nation
  • OSW Review
  • SNME
  • The Cornette Experience
  • Talking Sheet (even though they’re always on hiatus)

RIP To The VIP Lounge, that show was almost always great. :100:

:sunglasses:

Nate, I’ve been actually looking for good Marvel Comics podcasts, what do you recommend?

1 Like

The ones I listen to most (Defenders TV Talk, The Marvelists, Random Tea MCU-Cast, 3 Black Geeks, Fatman On Batman/Fatman Beyond) tend to lean more towards talking about the Marvel movies/TV. If you’re looking for shows that focus on the actual books, Geek History Lesson, Hard-Travelling Fanboys, & Super Podcasto Magnifico are pretty good pulls. :100:

All of POST wrestling and Wrestling Observer radio and some of Alvarez’s pods are my go to for news / reviews. Wrestlenomics for a different slant on the actual business side of wrestling.

I never miss a Lapsed Fan for retro. It’s the best. Some to Wrestle is good but Bruce can be grating.
Attitude Era & New Generation Podcast for a Brit take on retro. (& OSW for banter).

New car came with a few free months of Sirius XM. Any good wrestling content? Only one I know of is Busted Open Radio.

I believe The Taz Show is on Sirius. It’s okay. They have good guests and cover more than just pro wrestling. When I’ve listened I’ve heard a lot of NFL talk.

The LAW used to be on SiriusXM as well actually. Interestingly.

On Sunday nights they also play wrestling observer.

Russo asked Conrad to do a podcast similar to the Pritchard and Bischoff mode. Conrad turned it down so he got a guy to do exactly what Conrad does and they completely ripped off Conrad’s idea. He is such a weasley piece of shit. There seems to be zero shame with him and he will stoop to any level to be relevant. I really hope nobody on here ever listens to his new podcast.

Russo will do anything to stay relevant which he has failed for so many years now.

1 Like

Shoemaker was the star there, he carried Rosenberg to a good pod back in the Cheap Heat days.

I feel like Shoemaker and John need to do a When Worlds Collide of their own so we can hear a lot of pensive consideration punctuated by an occasional Vince quote/impression

So maybe the best, and I don’t throw that out there lightly, comics podcast if you’re into craft or comics history is the wordballoon podcast hosted by John Siuntres. One on one long form interviews with most of the creators you could ever hope for, plus a massive archive that includes some rare guests and great gets.

Tights and Fights on the Maximum Fun network is really good. It’s hosted by a bunch of LA comedians and rapper Open Mike Eagle, who’s one of my favorite musicians. I like it for the same reason I like John and Wai: it discusses wrestling very thoughtfully and humorously.