Best and Worst of 2018

I love the wrestling but it lacks character work for me. I think NXT is the perfect blend.

1 Like

What about best and worst match of the year?

There was a whole topic about the great matches in 2018 that stopped being updated in June and already listed dozens of great matches. I’m sure there have been a lot more since.

This award probably has more contenders than any other and just comes down to personal preference. For me, the match I know I enjoyed the most this year was Gargano vs Ciampa one at TakeOver New Orleans. I was jumping around my living room freaking out about the spots, near falls and a level of brutality never seen in NXT before but deserved for this feud.

As for worst match, I go out of my way to avoid bad matches and many of the mediocre ones just fade from memory. I’m sure someone can remind me of some of the worst matches this year to choose from.

1 Like

When I think of worst men matches I think of Jinder Mahal.

I have still chosen Nick Gage vs David Arquette.

1 Like

I just submitted my ballot, though I didn’t have an answer for everything. I tend to remember the stuff I liked a lot more than the stuff I hated.

My vote for Best Female Wrestler was an easy choice (Becky Lynch), but I had trouble settling on Best Male Wrestler. I was thinking Seth Rollins, I was thinking Matt Riddle, I was even thinking WALTER, but I settled on Johnny Gargano.

2 Likes

Also picked Johnny. He had a great year.

2 Likes

So I think Johnny had the best year. Cody had the most important year. and Seth Rollins had the most impressive year.

Johnny was start to finish in some of the best story lines, had some of the best matches and did some of the best character work.

Cody put together All In and brought real attention (within Wrestling) to the NWA which many thought could never happen with Billy took it over. He also has clearly defined the opportunity that exists outside of WWE and I think as we head into 2019 we’ll see other guys want to take a chance, especially as WWE gets more crowded and opportunity may present itself elsewhere.

Rollins is one of the last men standing on the Raw roster - considering Cena is gone now for what feels like months, Roman has left a huge hole, KO and Sami have been hurt a while, the roster shakeup did no help to Raw, and Brock never is on the show…for Rollins to basically carry the water of that program and not only get big reactions but grow that popularity and momentum is truly impressive - especially considering what the writing has been last few weeks.

3 Likes