Let’s have a thread here for us the fans to make our picks for the year in review that is 2022 in professional wrestling. Here are the categories that John Pollock posted today on his news update.
What are some of y’alls picks?
- BEST WRESTLER (Female)
- BEST TAG TEAM
- BEST WRESTLER (Male)
- BEST FEUD
- WORST FEUD
- BEST NON-WRESTLING MEDIA (Documentaries, books, podcasts, YouTube series, etc)
- MOST IMPROVED
- BIGGEST SETBACK (Least improved, performer whose stock fell)
- BEST ON THE MIC
- WORST ON THE MIC
- BEST CHARACTER
- WORST CHARACTER
- BEST WEEKLY TV SHOW
- BEST PPV
- WORST PPV
- BEST PROMOTION
- WORST PROMOTION
- MATCH OF THE YEAR
- WORST MATCH OF THE YEAR
- BIGGEST STORY OF THE YEAR
Non-wrestling media is documentary, books, podcast, YouTube series, etc. Like the A&E docs, Dark Side of the Ring, Tales from the Territories, Being the Elite, or the MOX book, etc.
Ahh. I don’t watch any of those
Image Comics Do A Powebomb series by Daniel Warren Johnson.
An incredibly fun comic book that’s like NJPW meets DBZ.
As far as non wrestling media I guess I’m going with Post, with a runner up of Voices of Wrestling, that’s about all I’ve got lol
That’s what I didn’t get, aren’t those wrestling media? I would have picked POST as well.
I think they mean best wrestling related show that’s not in-ring.
[quote=“Sancty, post:15, topic:22121”]
- BEST WRESTLER (Female) - Bianca Belair
- BEST TAG TEAM - Usos
- BEST WRESTLER (Male) - Gunther
- BEST FEUD - Bloodline vs Babyfaces
- WORST FEUD - Bray vs LA Knight
- BEST NON-WRESTLING MEDIA (Documentaries, books, podcasts, YouTube series, etc) - F4W podcasts
- MOST IMPROVED - Michael Cole
- BIGGEST SETBACK (Least improved, performer whose stock fell) - Alexa Bliss
- BEST ON THE MIC - MJF
- WORST ON THE MIC - Ivy Nile
- BEST CHARACTER - Sami Zayn (WWE)
- WORST CHARACTER - Wendy Choo
- BEST WEEKLY TV SHOW - Smackdown
- BEST PPV - WWE WrestleMania
- WORST PPV - NWA Hard Times 3
- BEST PROMOTION - WWE
- WORST PROMOTION - NWA
- MATCH OF THE YEAR - Sheamus vs Gunther
- WORST MATCH OF THE YEAR - Sarray vs Lash Legend
- BIGGEST STORY OF THE YEAR - Vince McMahon leaves WWE
I’m really glad somebody mentioned Seth Rollins as their Wrestler for the year. He was a high contender on my list. He consistently has the best match on every WWE PPV, the best matches on Raw, and while his character is obnoxious it is also super OVER with the crowd being really into it or love hating it.
And the psychological aspect of his villainous character is underrated. The way he came out in his Shield gear against Roman back at the Royal Rumble or wore pokedots against Cody added to the story of both those matches.
And several people have Cody vs Seth as match of the year as well.
Agreed. Guy is super over, but if you just went on place like this you would think that he wasnt. For whatever reason online he is very underrated and not given the credit he deserves. I think its the laugh TBH lol.
I’ve not answered ever question because I only watch AEW and highlights of WWE and the very occasional PPV.
- BEST TAG TEAM - FTR
- BEST WRESTLER - Jon Moxley (He’s really stepped up when called on this year)
- BEST FEUD - Wardlow and MJF
- WORST FEUD - CM Punk & The Elite (unless they swerve us all and Punk returns)
- BEST NON-WRESTLING MEDIA - POST Wrestling - obviously
- MOST IMPROVED - The Gunn Club (didn’t expect to say that in 2021)
- BIGGEST SETBACK - Miro
- BEST ON THE MIC - MJF
- WORST ON THE MIC - The Miz (we’ve heard everything 300 times before)
- BEST CHARACTER - MJF
- WORST CHARACTER - Ruby Soho
- BEST WEEKLY TV SHOW - Dynamite
- BEST PPV - Revolution
- WORST PPV - Royal Rumble
- BEST PROMOTION - AEW
- MATCH OF THE YEAR - MJF vs CM Punk
- BIGGEST STORY OF THE YEAR - Punk and Elites suspension
I feel like worst on the mic should be broken down into two categories….worst speaker, and worst scripted. I can see you not liking the material the miz is given……but he’s a better speaker then 95% of the performers out there. There is no way anyone can think that he speaking ability is worse then say a Ronda rousey.
Worst to me simply means you wanna turn off the TV or at least leave the room. Every time I’ve watched WWE this year it feel’s like Miz in involved in an awful segment. I’ve not heard much of Ronda but I feel like I’d rather, as its not the same stuff we’ve heard for 16 years now! His delivery may be fine but the content sucks and has done for way too long, he’s obviously not very creative.