Best of and Worst of categories for 2022

I like Emily Andzulis but when she has a mic, she’s wooden.

CM Punk and Elite suspension isn’t even in the same sphere as Vince stepping down. That’s why this to me is a bad question. Because there is a factual answer to what the biggest story is.

It’s like biggest box office draw - we have numbers and can figure out who that is. If Conor fights it’s him. Doesn’t matter your opinion on the matter. Versus something like worst on the mic.

1 Like

I’ve not watched nearly enough this year to call anything “definitive” but based on what I’ve seen…

• BEST WRESTLER (Female): Bianca Belair
  • BEST TAG TEAM: FTR
  • BEST WRESTLER (Male): Jon Moxley
  • BEST FEUD: FTR vs Briscoes
  • WORST FEUD: The Miz/Ciampa/Lumis/Gargano clusterfuck
  • BEST NON-WRESTLING MEDIA (Documentaries, books, podcasts, YouTube series, etc.): OSW Review
  • MOST IMPROVED: Jon Moxley or Sheamus
  • BIGGEST SETBACK (Least improved, performer whose stock fell): CM Punk (tentative) or Ronda Rousey… I was going to say a “non-performer” exemption for Tony Khan, but if we’re making those, it’s clearly Vince
  • BEST ON THE MIC: MJF
  • WORST ON THE MIC: Probably somebody that I fast forward through
  • BEST CHARACTER: MJF
  • WORST CHARACTER: Corbin & Moss, Rick Boogz in limited action
  • BEST WEEKLY TV SHOW: Dynamite
  • BEST PPV: WrestleMania (Night 1 if they count as two separate shows)
  • WORST PPV Royal Rumble
  • MATCH OF THE YEAR FTR vs Briscoes Dog Collar
  • WORST MATCH OF THE YEAR: Vince McMahon vs Pat McAfee
  • BIGGEST STORY OF THE YEAR: Vince McMahon
1 Like

I’m actually surprised no one here said Ric Flair’s Final Match yet for worst match. :laughing:

1 Like

Maybe nobody wants to admit that they dropped $30 on it?

3 Likes

I’m some ways though it was compelling to see if he would die or not. Regardless of how bad it was it did keep your interest and had genuine emotion

1. BEST WRESTLER (Female): Bianca Belair
  2. BEST TAG TEAM: FTR
  3. BEST WRESTLER (Male): Roman Reigns
  4. BEST FEUD: MJF vs CM Punk
  5. WORST FEUD:
  6. BEST NON-WRESTLING MEDIA (Documentaries, books, podcasts, YouTube series, etc): Post Wrestling
  7. MOST IMPROVED: Tiffany Stratton
  8. BIGGEST SETBACK (Least improved, performer whose stock fell): Samoa Joe
  9. BEST ON THE MIC: MJF
  10. WORST ON THE MIC:
  11. BEST CHARACTER: The Honorary Uce
  12. WORST CHARACTER: Box Man Kip Sabian
  13. BEST WEEKLY TV SHOW: WWE Smackdown
  14. BEST PPV: AEW Full Gear
  15. WORST PPV: WWE Royal Rumble
  16. BEST PROMOTION: WWE
  17. WORST PROMOTION: Idk MLW?
  18. MATCH OF THE YEAR: Gunther Sheamus
  19. WORST MATCH OF THE YEAR:
  20. BIGGEST STORY OF THE YEAR: Vince

The Fall of vince isn’t over yet. Last time he was on TV he was treated like a hero by the mindless idiots in attendance. If the rumours are true he wants back.

I was writing a fun list about things I’ve enjoyed

2 Likes

Ok I get your personal criteria, it’s not about delivery/speaking ability, its what annoys you the most. Which is totally fine, for me it was about who comes off like a bad actor.

I probably would, but I didn’t bother watching lol.

I feel bad laughing because it’s not funny, but this comment made me legitimately laugh out loud!

Ha ha yeah. But it is the presentation as well. Miz is such an annoying character but has been on top for so long. I wouldn’t be surprised to read he gets another title run next week.

Jeff Jarrett is the worst wrestler ever IMO. I remember him arriving in WWE and I hated him. I hated his gimmick, I hated his silly outfits and I hated his matches. It was the point I stopped watching.
When I saw him rock up in AEW I was gutted. But do you know what, the way he’s been presented is great. I wanna see him get his ass kicked as I think is the point.

People can be annoying but used rightly they’re great - QT Marshall’s a great example.

1. BEST WRESTLER (Female) - Giulia from Stardom
  2. BEST TAG TEAM - FTR
  3. BEST WRESTLER (Male) - Jon Moxley (Honorable Mention to Dax Harwood)
  4. BEST FEUD - MJF vs. CM Punk
  5. WORST FEUD - CM Punk vs. The Elite
  6. BEST NON-WRESTLING MEDIA (Documentaries, books, podcasts, YouTube series, etc) - Tales From The Territories
  7. MOST IMPROVED - Konosuke Takeshita
  8. BIGGEST SETBACK (Least improved, performer whose stock fell) - Ronda Rousey
  9. BEST ON THE MIC - Maxwell Jacob Friedman
  10. WORST ON THE MIC - Johnny Gargano
  11. BEST CHARACTER - Orange Cassidy (yes I said it)
  12. WORST CHARACTER - Master Wato
  13. BEST WEEKLY TV SHOW - AEW Dynamite
  14. BEST PPV - AEW & NJPW Forbidden Door
  15. WORST PPV - Royal Rumble
  16. BEST PROMOTION - All Elite Wrestling (Honorable Mention to Stardom)
  17. WORST PROMOTION - NWA
  18. MATCH OF THE YEAR - FTR vs Briscoes 2/3 Falls Match - ROH Death Before Dishonor
    (honorable mention to Giulia vs. Syuri at Stardom: Dream Queendom)
  19. WORST MATCH OF THE YEAR - Men’s Royal Rumble (It was the worst Rumble I’ve ever seen, it was utter dogshit) (honorable mention to Ric Flair & Andrade vs. Jay Lethal & Jeff Jarrett - Flair’s Final Match)
  20. BIGGEST STORY OF THE YEAR - Vince finally put out of pasture

We need people here to watch more Stardom IMO. :laughing:

1 Like

I would if it was easier to watch. They should combine it with NJPW world. I couldn’t even find an English version of the site to signup.

If they can deliver Sasha that will help

1 Like

I’m surprised Osprey hasn’t had more mentions for wrestler of the year.

I feel like it’s a three dog race with Mox, Roman and him.

1 Like

Oh I agree, it’s all presentation with the Miz. The guy is given lines that revolve around his balls. If he had free reign, I think he’d nail it (his promo on Daniel Bryan as an example).

You can’t be serious about that title thing though, if Hunter booked miz to end Roman’s 2 and a half year run as champ, you wouldn’t be surprised? I’d be absolutely floored if that happened.

2 Likes

Will Ospreay is up there among my top three, I think the way he’s been presented might not be the best but here’s hoping he’ll win the IWGP title in 2023 and finally catch that top spot.

Oh, I meant as IC champ or even Tag down the line with Champa or Gargano or whoever is unfortunate enough to be paired with him.

1 Like

Yeah his presentation has not been the best and NJPW didn’t have a great year. They need to get away from just all Okada all the time and let Will run with it.

The way I see it

1. The most outstanding matches has been Osprey

2. The guy who has stepped up when the company needed him most and ran with it is Mox

3. The guy who carries himself more as the top star who is unbeatable is Roman

So depending on how you look at it could be any of them

I don’t get MJF as much - he barely wrestled and got squashed as well. No outstanding match I can recall. And didn’t carry AEW as much as Mox did this year. It’s just recency bias with that pick I feel

1 Like