Best of picks 2021!

Hey everyone! I always loved doing year end voting and since Post hasn’t done it in a couple years I wanted to share my year end best picks, and see what everyone else’s are! Happy New Years everyone!

Male wrestler of the year: Josh Alexander
Runner ups: Kenny Omega, Bryan Danielson, Kazuchika Okada and Shingo Takagi

Female wrestler of the year: Sarena Deeb
Runner ups: Bianca Belair, Deonna Purazzo, Sasha Banks and Jordynne Grace

Tag Team of the year: Young Bucks
Runner ups: Jurassic Express, Dangerous Tekkers, Lucha Bros and MSK

Match of the year: Josh Alexander vs TJP, Iron Man match
Runner ups: Ibushi vs Jay White (WK2), Bucks vs Lucha Bros (All Out), Nakajima vs Kenoh (N1 final), Shun Skywalker vs Yamato (Speed Star final)

Show of the year: AEW All Out
Runner ups: NJPW Battle in the Valley, AEW Full Gear, Impact Rebellion, and Wrestle Kingdom night 1

Promotion of the year: AEW
Runner ups: Pro Wrestling Noah, Dragongate, Impact and NJPW

Now I’m sure most won’t agree with my picks lol but it was fun making them so I hope you all give your picks too! Stay safe everyone, Robbie from London Ontario

4 Likes

I always say, wrestling is subjective. I want to see different picks, group think is boring lol.

Here are my picks:

Male wrestler of the year: Roman Reigns
(I know people will be mad at this one, and while his in ring was ok, there is no character in WWE/AEW that entertained me more)

Female wrestler of the year: Bianca Belair

Tag Team of the year: The Young Bucks

Match of the Year: The Young Bucks vs Lucha Bros (All Out).

Show of the Year: Smackdown
(For me, there is no easier watch. I’m done in 45min, and I’m almost always entertained).

2 Likes

Male Wrestler of the Year: Shingo Takagi

Female Wrestler of the Year: Syuri

Tag Team of the Year: Lucha Bros

Match of the Year: Shingo Takagi vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi from Wrestle Grand Slam at the Tokyo Dome

Show of the Year: All Out

Promotion of the Year: AEW

2 Likes

Male wrestler: Kenny Omega (Danielson is close, but too much crappy WWE stuff earlier in the year)

Female wrestler: Deonna Purrazzo (Baker is right there but Purrazzo is consistently great and has been a big deal in Impact, AAA and NWA)

Tag team: FTR (most consistent team and the Pinnacle stuff was amazing)

Match of the year: Hangman vs Danielson (Bucks/Lucha Bros, Baker/Rosa and Punk/Kingston honourable mentions)

Show of the year: All Out

Promotion: AEW

2 Likes

Male wrestler of the year: Bryan Danielson
Runner Up: Shingo Takagi

Female wrestler of the year: Bianca Belair
Runner Up: Thunder Rosa

Tag Team of the year: The Young Bucks
Runner Up: Lucha Brothers

Match of the Year: Kota Ibushi vs. Jay White (WK Night 2)
Runner Up: The Young Bucks vs Lucha Brothers (All Out)

Runner Up: Wrestle Kingdom

2 Likes

Male wrestler of the year: Daniel Bryan Danielson - Mania main event, one of the most hyped debuts ever in AEW, 30 min with Omega and 60 with Hangman. Plus work rate and dream matches like Suzuki.
Runner ups: Omega, Shingo, Nick Gage (rise of GCW, getting to TNT), Minoru Suzuki American Fighting Vacation

Female wrestler of the year: Bianca Belair and Britt Baker. Both reached new heights of their careers and realized their main event potential.
Runner ups: Tay Conti
Admittedly dont catch Stardom

Tag Team of the year: Lucha Brothers finally realized Norther American main stream championship status
Runner ups: dangerous Tekkers - giving ZSJ his due here and also admitting I was very wrong about Taichi for years where I dogged him.

Match of the year: Kenny Omega v Bryan Danielson which being there live was electric and exceeded insane hype
Runner ups: Bucks Lucha Bros, Eddie Punk Bryan Hangman and Hangman Kenny Bianca Sasha all honorable mentions
Special shout out to Gage and Cardona which I think elevated GCW to a new height and was as memorable as anything I remember in 2021

Show of the year: AEW All Out (also was there live)

Runner ups: GCW for its ascending the wrestling promotion ranks in terms of noterietay and ability to do business

Moment of the Year: the double debut of Cole and Bryan
Runner up: Punk and the First Dance
I favor the surprise slightly

Promo of the Year: Bryan after debuting at All Out. Declaring he was a professional wrestler.
Runner ups: MJF and Punks battle. Punks debut.

Disappointments of the year: G1 Climax for me on a personal note it was the first year I didn’t watch a single match….WWE stock (as a non investor) to see it barely do positive gain for the year despite record profits and a huge bull market where the S&P was up over 25% is really really shocking and disappointing.
Honorable mention: talent cuts keep happening (not as disappointing as now they are expected) and NXT finally rebooting which also felt inevitable ever since the UsA debut in 2019

2 Likes

There’s also a forum for likely and unlikely scenarios for 2022. Please chat about it here as well.

https://forum.postwrestling.com/t/likely-or-unlikely-predictions-for-2022/16472/2