Big Swole further opens up about her battle with Crohn's disease

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2021/03/09/big-swole-further-opens-up-about-her-battle-with-crohns-disease/

AEW talent Big Swole’s most recent match took place on the January 7th edition of AEW Dark. Swole appeared on Saturday installment of AEW Dark on March 6th and talked about her intentions to stake claim to an AEW Women’s World Title opportunity.

AEW President Tony Khan stated during the Revolution post-show media scrum that Swole has been out after flare-ups that stemmed from Crohn’s disease. Swole took to social media and further opened about her battle with the disease, what she has been through over the past year, and also thanked the fans for their support.

This past year has been filled with ups and a lot of downs. After my bout with pneumonia early last year, I was informed that resuming my medicine for Crohn’s would result in death given the COVID-19 circumstances. Seeing as how the biologic I was on shuts down my immune system and acts as such resuming my medicine was not an option. I was doing alright self-managing until the flare ups started in the fall. As some of you may not know Crohn’s attacks the body as a whole so on top of my intestines issues different body parts would lock up and become incapable of being at the joints. Some days I could barely walk and that took a toll on me emotionally and mentally. Living with this disease may seem like a thorn and it is but it also shows me that His grade is sufficient and no matter what happens I will smile because I am more than a conqueror. I am Swole and that mentality/faith will carry me through it all. I ask that you bare with me, I’m getting the treatments that I need and my journey to complete healing is underway. Thank you for your love and thoughtful messages, I appreciate them and you! Much love to everyone, be safe!

🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾 pic.twitter.com/lcBNupsNd4

— Swolenko: Big Swole® (@SwoleWorld) March 9, 2021

During her AEW Dark promo, Swole said that she would be setting her sights on whoever walked out of Revolution as Women’s World Champion and that was Hikaru Shida who bested Ryo Mizunami on the show.

Get better soon Swole. Crohm’s Disease truly does suck.