Billy Corgan picks up option in Nick Aldis' contract, NWA Power returning in 2021

Originally published at Billy Corgan picks up option in Nick Aldis' NWA contract

Nick Aldis has been representing the National Wrestling Alliance as their Worlds Heavyweight Champion dating back to 2017. He lost the title to Cody Rhodes at All In, recaptured the title shortly after and went on to kick off NWA’s YouTube series titled ‘Powerrr’ as the worlds champion. The NWA has not presented an episode of Power in over eight months due to the COVID-19 pandemic but the NWA has been represented on the United Wrestling Network’s Prime Time Live pay-per-views and by way of Serena Deeb who is signed to All Elite Wrestling and is the NWA World Women’s Champion.

Nick Aldis guest appeared on the Keepin It 100 with Konnan Christmas podcast and shared that NWA owner Billy Corgan picked up the option in his contract to remain with the organization.

Billy picked up my option with the NWA so…

Like I said, I had an option on my contract and Billy picked it up and like I said, I would not have opened up any discussions with anyone without talking to —

This is Keepin it 100, I just care about that paper. That’s it and Billy’s been very loyal to me and I to him and I truly believe in what we’re doing with the product and I wouldn’t walk away from it because we haven’t even scratched the surface of what we could accomplish.

As far as the Powerrr series goes, Aldis confirmed that the series is returning in the new year. Their brand is featured on Prime Time Live but that is not an NWA product.

The reality is that the Prime Time Live is not an NWA product. Powerrr, NWA Powerrr, that’s our flagship. Dude, that’s coming back in 2021.

Dave Marquez announced that the United Wrestling Network would be going on hiatus until 2021. NWA has been presenting their ‘Shockwave’ shows on YouTube over the past several weeks which are matches that were taped at Thunder Studios in California where the Prime Time Live specials are filmed.

If the quotes in this article are used, please credit the Keepin It 100 with Konnan podcast with an H/T to POST Wrestling for the transcriptions.

1 Like