'Blocking' members

But other people bickering, doesn’t mean you can’t steer the conversation in the direction you want to take it, does it? I don’t know, I’ve been an other sites where all people do is attack each other, I find it quite tame here, in comparison.

1 Like

This is the only forum I currently belong to, but given how a lot of wrestling fans behave on social media sites, I find this far tamer and courteous than those.

We are members of a forum, provided by people who don’t shy away from speaking about the social, political and business elements of wrestling, and when the biggest company in the industry does business with murderers, rehires unapologetic open racists and uses a mans real-life battle with cancer, they speak about it at length, therefore so will their followers in their forums. Those discussions will not be fun.

Unfortunately, there are a few trolls, I’m sure, but we can engage or we can ignore.

On the wider scale of things, simply sheltering yourself from people you disagree with or who irritate you, gives you a very narrow view of the world.

2 Likes

Trolls are Trolls. They live for self-attention and causing a rise in others. The best thing to do is ignore them. Look what we had to deal with. With Tony talking all that trash during the Fantasy Football season.:joy::joy:. Looking forward to it next year.

2 Likes

:joy: it’s all a work brother.

3 Likes

Exactly

I just don’t want to spend time on a forum with multiple posters I have to ignore.

I guess that’s the sign that this is my problem…

I agree that different points of view are a good thing in discussion but that’s not what I’m looking to ignore.

I’m part of a couple other wrestling forums but this one is easily the most hostile. Discussing and talking about differing viewpoints in today’s socio-political world is going to happen, and we (well, most of us) accept that.

The issue is with certain users who will just NOT. LET. UP. Every other forum has the ability to block users you deem as white noise or a prize moron or aggravating or lacking any comprehension at all.

Maybe there are users who’s view are so different to you are own that you are constantly being dragged into fights with them and maybe these same users are always on the lookout for an argument.

Discourse should be engaging, not infuriating.

1 Like

Almost all the people I would like to block aren’t Cafe members. Is that the same for everyone else?

1 Like

So, a cafe only forum as a perk, instead of blocking?

Y’know, I find it very odd that @Rated_R_Poster has a very passionate standpoint against NOT having the ability to block people…

1 Like

What have I done that is block worthy? Because I post first on a feedback thread sometimes or I have a differing opinion of what I enjoy about wrestling?

I dont come on here and try and say we’re all racist, like some users on here. I dont come on here and purposely try and get people riled up, like a couple of the non cafe users do.

I don’t mind them too much. I don’t block them but that last topic “is kenny omega gay” was something else. I just thought “WTF ?”

Yeah that is one of the guys I’d love to block. I deleted that thread right when I saw it.

4 Likes

pretty much

That would definitely help

No, I’m just saying that your anti-blocking stance is very strange (as was your reaction then). Every other forum and social media outlet has the option to do so and they work perfectly fine, but you seem to detest the idea. Are you that self-obsessed that you think everyone will suddenly block you if given the chance? Come on now, lad. There’s a couple of people who I can almost guarantee would be on everyone’s block list within minutes but you aren’t one of them.

1 Like

You’re right bro…me thinking that people should actually have the will power to just ignore people, is super strange. I’m pretty confident that the people that I like on here, wouldnt block me. So I wouldnt really care what the rest do, lad.

Not really about the will power

Just don’t really want to be part of a forum with the trolls.

It’s kinda odd to care that other members here want to block someone. What’s it to you?

So if you don’t care what the rest do, why be so against the idea of implementing such a feature? And why be against something that exists without issue elsewhere? Just an observation fella, no harm meant.

2 Likes

I had an entire message typed up agreeing with you but it made me realize that I’m the idiot for spending time here when I find some of the members to be instant migraine inducers.

I’m not against anything. I don’t really give a shit either way who wants to block who, or someone wants to block me. All I said was I dont get it. I don’t like @mbh, I dont like @BillyKidmansJorts, but I wouldnt want to block them. I’m not blinded by dislike that I think people I don’t like, can’t provide good discussion sometimes. I just don’t think it’s that big of a deal. I don’t know. Maybe I’m just more chill and laid back.