Bob Ryder passes away

Originally published at Longtime TNA/IMPACT Wrestling employee Bob Ryder passes away

Longtime TNA/IMPACT Wrestling employee Bob Ryder has passed away. The news was shared by F4WOnline’s Dave Meltzer who noted that Ryder was found dead in his home today in Nashville. IMPACT attempted to get in touch with Ryder, went to his home and no one answered. Police were then called and they found him inside.

Ryder was battling cancer and had not been at a show in quite some time because of his chemotherapy.

Ryder last tweeted after he received word about the passing of Tracy Smothers. Prior to that, his last tweets were about the respective passing’s of Road Warrior Animal (Joseph Laurinaitis) and “Bullet” Bob Armstrong.

Ryder had a number of tasks to handle for TNA/IMPACT including being a travel director. Also, he was editor of the 1Wrestling website. The condolences and messages came pouring in from many in the pro wrestling industry as they shared their memories of Bob Ryder.

Just heard the sad news about Bob Ryder’s passing. Bob took such great care of me & my family during my time with @IMPACTWRESTLING. Even after I left, Bob was so incredibly supportive of my family & career. Godspeed, my friend, you’ll be missed.#RIP Bob Ryder

— MATT HARDY (@MATTHARDYBRAND) November 25, 2020

Bob Ryder and I became friends my first day in @IMPACTWRESTLING My last day there he was one of the very few that it was difficult to say goodbye to. We remained in contact since then. A total pro who loved the wrestling business. I am incredibly sad today. RIP Bob. Godspeed sir

— Frankie Kazarian (@FrankieKazarian) November 25, 2020

I just heard the news about Bob.

RIP to my dear friend Bob Ryder. We last texted Monday. I don’t know what to say. This is tough.

— SONJAY (@sonjaydutterson) November 25, 2020

Very sad to hear about the passing of Bob Ryder. Read below if u didn't know BR or maybe u aren't aware of his contributions to Pro Wrestling for many years in the media & also in front office @IMPACTWRESTLING .
Bob was always awesome to me, great sense of humor & great guy. 🙏 https://t.co/ZF4SoXSuZn

— team taz head honcho (@OfficialTAZ) November 25, 2020

BEYOND devastated about the passing Bob Ryder. He was the kindest, most selfless person you could imagine. He always did for others. He meant the world to me. We had just talked & I was worried he would be alone for Thanksgiving. Cannot tell u how much I will miss @brydertna 💔

— Dixie Carter (@TNADixie) November 25, 2020

RIP to my dear friend Bob Ryder.
I loved you very much – I wish I had told you what you meant to me because you we always there for me like a great uncle when I first arrived in America. Can’t believe you’re gone. I’m so sorry. You were family to me ❤️ #BobSquad

— DRAKE MAVERICK (@WWEMaverick) November 25, 2020

Rest In Peace Bob Ryder. A true gentleman who helped me and countless others immensely. One of the good ones, he will be sorely missed!

— Christopher Daniels (@facdaniels) November 25, 2020

There are people that can enter your life and completely change everything. Bob Ryder was that person for me. His courageous, long fight with cancer never kept his spirits down. He was the kind of best friend that comes along once in a lifetime. I will miss him terribly.

— Jeremy Borash (@JeremyBorash) November 25, 2020

POST Wrestling would like to send our condolences to the family, friends and loved ones of Bob Ryder.

I just finished reading about the passing of Diego Maradona and now the passing of Bob Ryder? Geez! 2020 don’t care at all!

RIP Bob Ryder!

1 Like

The exact same for me. I was reading about Diego, calling my family and all. And even commented that “2020 Wouldn’t leave without spitting on our face”.

Then came here to PostWrestling, and learned about Bob Ryder. A sad day.

Well that fucking sucks. Bob Ryder and Jeremy Borash were the first ever “podcast” style show I ever listed to with WCW Live.

My condolences to his friends and family.