Body discovered that matches the description of Shad Gaspard

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2020/05/20/body-discovered-that-matches-the-description-of-shad-gaspard/

Early Wednesday morning, a body was discovered along the shoreline at the Venice Pier that matches the description of Shad Gaspard, who went missing Sunday.

The news was reported by the Lifeguard Division of the Los Angeles County Fire Department during a news briefing with members of the local press.

Gaspard went missing Sunday afternoon while in the water with his ten-year-old son. A rip current hit as lifeguards were frantically rescuing those caught in the water with an eyewitness noting that Gaspard instructed lifeguards to take care of his son first. A large wave came crashing down and that caused Gaspard to disappear with a rescue party searching for him since that time.

Our condolences to his family and all affected by this tragic loss.

BREAKING: @LACoLifeguards confirm body found washed up on Venice Beach this morning matches that of WWE star Shad Gaspard, who went missing Sunday afternoon. @CBSLA pic.twitter.com/i1RuITRJCu

— Tina Patel (@tina_patel) May 20, 2020

I’m not sure what kind of peace his family will ever have after this, but I hope they know his final moments were spent being an absolute hero and that’s going to be the first memory everyone and anyone has of him for the rest of time. He saved his child’s life. There’s no greater action a father can take. RIP.

4 Likes

I was praying for a different outcome as everyone was. The man gave his life protecting his child. I’m completely gutted and have no words! Rest in peace, brother!

2 Likes

I’m not going to claim to be a giant fan of Shad, but this one hurts. He seemed to be such a genuine person, and to know he passed away so young in such a shitty way is just heartbreaking. Thank god his son was saved, at least he was able to end his life with such a selfless noble act.

I keep thinking back to his reaction from when Kofi won the title last year, and to see that level of emotion for a friend just shows you the level of compassion and empathy that he had.

For those who havent seen it:

1 Like