Booker T comments on Roxanne Perez's NXT Women's Title win, wanted to jump in the ring

Originally published at Booker T comments on Roxanne Perez's NXT Women's Title win, wanted to jump in the ring

Teacher expresses how proud he is of his student. 

In the main event of this past Tuesday’s NXT on USA Network, women’s Iron Survivor Challenge winner Roxanne Perez defeated Mandy Rose to become NXT Women’s Champion. Perez was originally going to get her title match at New Year’s Evil but it was bumped up to Tuesday. 

Perez’s trainer, WWE Hall of Famer and NXT commentator Booker T, expressed how proud he is of Roxanne while on his ‘Hall of Fame’ podcast. 

Booker stated that after she won the belt, he wanted to jump in the ring. WWE caught footage of Booker and Roxanne’s moment after the show went off the air. He believes she’s a future Hall of Famer and is going to be a leader in the coming years. 

Let’s kick it right off the bat man. I wanna congratulate my girl Roxanne Perez capturing the NXT Women’s Champion[ship]… And what’s cool about that, Reality of Wrestling Champion, ROH Champion, first-ever and now NXT Women’s Champion. That’s a hell of a lot of accolades for someone so young and I just wanna give her a whole lot of credit for having her head on her shoulders and being able to go out there and represent. Represent O.G. Reality of Wrestling style is such an awesome and amazing thing and when she won, I wanted to jump in the ring, I gotta be honest. I said, I’m jumping in the ring tonight. But I didn’t do it and then, after we went off the air, went and gave her a hug and whatnot and it actually got picked up on social media so it’s pretty cool man, it’s pretty cool to see, you know, someone like my daughter make it so far so quickly. It’s amazing. 

She’s a future Hall of Famer already I think. She stays on this trajectory, she’s gonna be — and I said this, I said, ‘Man, she’s a leader 20 years from now.’ 

Roxanne’s opponent in the title match, Mandy Rose, is no longer with the company. She was moved to the alumni section of WWE’s website.

It was first reported by Fightful Select that WWE felt they had to release her due to the nature of the content she was posting on her FanTime page. 

If the quote in this article is used, please credit the ‘Hall of Fame’ podcast with an H/T to POST Wrestling for the transcription.