BOSJ Tournament Discussion: (Slight Spoilers)

Again worked night shift so couldn’t watch live and just finished the VOD at 2am local time.

Another great night of action, and while it didn’t have a blow away match like night 1 it still deliveried with “Dragon Lee Vs Sho” as my match of the night.

If I had to chose a match of the tournament top three it would be…
1st: Shingo Takagi Vs Sho (NIGHT 1)
2nd: Robbie Eagles Vs Rocky Romero (NIGHT 2)
3rd: Dragon Lee Vs Sho (NIGHT 3)

NIGHT 4 - BLOCK B MATCHES

• Ren Marita Vs Robbie Eagles.
  • Yoh Vs Bandido.
  • Bushi Vs El Phantasma.
  • Will Ospreay Vs Rocky Romero.
  • Ryusuke Taguchi Vs Douki.
1 Like

Is Ishimori hurt? Forgive my ignorance but when he drags his leg to the ring is that his usual ring walk he has some touch and go moments with Marty

1 Like

You should change your name to Chris Hero. I wish I could watch after a night shift

1 Like

Hurt? Not that I’m aware of, but I belive he’s been draging his leg during his entrances for a few months now. But I don’t know 100% if he is in fact injured.

While I’m a natural night owl anyway, so I finish my shift at work, come home have a meal & listen to that days podcast (Yesterday’s RASD) while I wait for the NJPW event to finish and be made available as VOD.

Great thing about living on Australia’s eastern coast is theirs a 1 hour time difference to Japan, so when I’m not working when an event is on I can watch Live at a reasonable hour.

1 Like

Ospreay vs Romero was just awesome!! Might give the Sho/Takagi match a challenge for “Match of the Tournament”. Zero clue why they finished the night off with Taguchi vs Douki. Probably because Taguchi is a legend when it comes to the BOSJ. Btw, I think it’s pretty cool that Naito has been tagging with the LIJ members in the exhibition matches.

1 Like

Ospreay/Romero Holy Fuck what a match!

2 Likes

Match Of The Night was “Ospreay Vs Romero” without question.

But when watching on VOD at 2:30am local time to see a screw-finish / interference in the main event I was done.

No event today, then back Saturday. Just wandering did anyone so blocks / pools before the start of the tournament and if so how’d they do??

After watching the first four nights of this year’s BOSJ I’m finding myself checking out of many of the matches. Plus I’ve noticed some rather sloppy, or loose, work in the ring (Bandido last night, for example, and even Ishimori in his matches.) Many of the guys just seem a bit off the mark.

1 Like

Watching night 5 LIVE!

TONIGHT - BLOCK A

• (0) Sho Vs Taka Michinoku (0)
  • (4) Tiger Mask Vs Marty Scurll (2)
  • (2) Titán Vs Taiji Ishimori (4)
  • (2) Dragon Lee Vs Jonathan Gresham (2)
  • (4) Shingo Takagi Vs Yoshinobu Kanemaru (0)

Turn the lights down in that arena, also Coleman has grown on me I enjoy him

2 Likes

Here we go with Block matches.

SHO V TAKA.

Hard to pick a true Match Of The Night contender, nothing felt like a blow away match like the first four nights.

Honestly still a good card, But would give Sho v Taka Michinoku as my choice of match of the night.

Tomorrow - Block B

• Rocky Romero vs Ren Narita.
  • Bandito vs Douki.
  • El Phantasmi vs Robbie Eagles.
  • Will Ospreay vs Yoh.
  • Ryusuke Taguchi vs Bushi. (Main Event)

The opening tag matches had Jado vs Gedo, mostly cheating tactics, and Taguchi vs Naito. Minus all of the cheating bullshit, I dug the suspense and anticipation from the Takagi match. It was cool seeing him having to battle back from injury and all of the Suzuki-gun nonsense.

1 Like

Gresham/Lee was my match of the night a little short but very fun

2 Likes

Both 3K members with a potential MOTY? Yoh vs Ospreay was really good. ELP is going a little too far with trying to garner the heel heat!! Tossing a disabled person’s hat in the crowd?:man_facepalming:t4:

Just watched Rocky and Osprey. Thru 4 nights this was the match of the event for me. Ahead of Shingo and Sho

Rocky has been great. Plan on catching up later today.

1 Like

That 15 second - skip-through option has been pretty killer. I just listen to Kevin Kelly’s tone. If he’s hype and I missed something, I’ll do the 30 second - scroll back.:joy::joy:

1 Like

From Meltzer
Chris Brookes is not the mystery guy who will debut in New Japan on 6/5 at Sumo Hall and work against Juice Robinson. Brookes was instead announced today as coming to DDT and DDT even did a video as a complete spoof of the New Japan video for the Robinson opponent but listing it as Brookes starting with DDT on 6/15.

1 Like

It might be PAC. Not sure if the cancelled match is a work or not, but who knows.

The ten block matches was too much of an overload. I rather have the 5 exhibition tag matches and then the 5 tournament matches. ELP vs Ospreay was easily match of the night. The “Essex Destroyer” move looked crazy!! Btw, I understand the reasoning with not having guardrails, but both the Young Lions and the security need to step up their game, when it comes to protecting the fans.