Braun Strowman, Lana, Aleister Black, Murphy among latest WWE cuts

Yeah that is the number I saw most often. Which still likely means he made more than almost everyone on 205 live combined.

1 Like

How WWE picks who gets released

1 Like

There is 0 percent chance Charlotte gets released, unless she wants it. It’s one thing to release someone who is making big money, that can be moved around the card. It’s another when it’s one of the stars of a division. Strowman, even at his best and as champ, was never close to being a star. Charlotte, even though she is stale is never less than being 2nd in that company.

4 Likes

They know AEW will mop up the women at the top as fast as they can

You will not see Asuka, Charlotte, Bayley, Becky, or Sasha released no matter what because AEW needs women of that caliber

5 Likes

You guys are probably right but outside of Reigns I don’t think WWE views anyone as that special. They let Brock and Daniel Bryan walk. I think almost anyone is available as it seems like they’re in cost cutting mode for some reason

I know people love doing the “they’ll dump anyone” game (mostly in bad faith until now), but unless there’s a big, public blow up, there’s no way in hell they’d ever dump Charlotte or anyone in her circle of women’s main eventers.

Comparing money to money needs more context. If you’re WWE and Braun held up for big money 2 years ago when you were more apt to sign everyone to huge deals and you see how you were able to build him entirely in house and then look around and see a decade-younger Omos on the same show and feel like you can do the same thing with a younger, cheaper version of the giant motif, there’s a big contract you can dump if you’re trying to cross a bottom line.

1 Like

100% agree I can see WWE looking at men’s wrestlers as much more expendable as AEWs men’s division is already loaded. Whereas they have 1 or 2 women that would cut it as stars in the WWE women’s division. So I cannot see them releasing any top women.

2 Likes