Braun Strowman says he signed a new 4-year deal with WWE in 2019

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2020/04/15/braun-strowman-says-he-signed-a-new-4-year-deal-with-wwe-in-2019/

Braun Strowman became the Universal Champion at WrestleMania 36 earlier this month by defeating Goldberg in under four minutes. Prior to winning to the Universal Title, Strowman had a run with the Intercontinental Title and it was during that time that he re-signed with WWE for four more years, as he stated during an interview with SuperSport.

Strowman was asked about his role in the WWE Studios film ‘The Main Event’ that’s on Netflix and was asked if he’d ever consider making the jump into acting. Strowman said that all of his focus is on the WWE right now and it was recently last year that he decided to sign a new deal with the sports-entertainment company.

“It is but I’m not jumping ship anytime soon. I’m very focused on my career as a WWE superstar. I just recently last year, re-signed 4 more years with the company and 99.9 percent of my eggs are going in that basket for right now. He hates his name being said but Vince McMahon has given me an opportunity at life for myself, for my family, my loved ones that I would never have even imagined being able to have. I’m very grateful for that and I’ve told him this is my home, you guys made me, you gave me this life, and I want to show you that I’m appreciative of it and I’m thankful and I’m going to return the favor for what you have done.”

Strowman was slotted into the Universal Championship match at WrestleMania after Roman Reigns decided to pull himself out of the bout due to the COVID-19 pandemic. During the interview, Strowman detailed getting the phone call from Vince McMahon and having a private jet sent to him so he could partake in WrestleMania at the Performance Center in Orlando.

“I have some land up in Wisconsin, I have 80 acres out in the middle of nowhere. I think there are 400 people in the whole town. I thought, ‘If I’m going to be on lock down, I’d rather it was out in the middle of nowhere’ so I loaded up my things in my car and drove 21 hours to Wisconsin. I got one hour away from my property in Wisconsin and I got a phone call from the Chairman of WWE saying there has been some last-minute changes… we need you; we’re sending a jet, it lands at 9 PM.’ So, I made it to Wisconsin long enough to grab a quick bite of dinner… and headed to the regional county airport and jumped on a four-seater jet. It reminded that you have to be on 24-hours a day because you never know. Kudos to our team for making it happen and getting me back to Florida, then returned back in a 24-hour period with minimal contact with other human beings. Kudos to the company for getting me down there and making it happen.”

This past Friday on SmackDown, Strowman defeated Shinsuke Nakamura in singles competition and after the match, Strowman was confronted by the former Universal Champion Bray Wyatt.