Brian Kendrick issues apology over past comments

Originally published at Brian Kendrick issues apology over past comments - POST Wrestling | WWE AEW NXT NJPW Podcasts, News, Reviews

Shortly after his removal from AEW Dynamite over insensitive past comments, Brian Kendrick has issued an apology.

During Wednesday’s broadcast of Dynamite, Kendrick issued the following:

I apologize for all the hurt and embarassment I have caused with my words. These are not my beliefs and never were beliefs of mine, and I crossed the line.

— Brian Kendrick (@mrbriankendrick) February 3, 2022

I spread the most vile comments without thinking of the damage it would cause. I will live with this regret for the rest of my life. I am truly sorry for the pain I have caused.

— Brian Kendrick (@mrbriankendrick) February 3, 2022

Kendrick was removed from his match with Jon Moxley after comments from a pair of interviews that took place in 2011 and 2013.

In the interviews, Kendrick spoke of various conspiracies and shared troubling and insensitive views regarding the Holocaust and the murders at Sandy Hook Elementary School.

Tony Khan issued a statement condemning the past comments and called them “abhorrent & offensive” and replaced Kendrick with Wheeler Yuta in the match against Jon Moxley.

I’ll ask the question everyone else is asking: If they were never his beliefs, WHY FUCKING SAY THEM?

2 Likes