Brian Myers joins IMPACT Wrestling

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2020/07/21/brian-myers-joins-impact-wrestling/

IMPACT Wrestling’s post-Slammiversary episode of their weekly show featured Eric Young confronting IMPACT World Champion Eddie Edwards, and EC3 ambushing TNA World Heavyweight Champion Moose. The show also featured a vignette for former RAW Tag Team Champion Brian Myers, formerly known as “Curt Hawkins” who’ll be joining the IMPACT Wrestling roster.

Did you think we were done at #Slammiversary? #IMPACTonAXSTV @Myers_Wrestling pic.twitter.com/aMrCC64mNK

— IMPACT (@IMPACTWRESTLING) July 22, 2020

Myers alongside Zack Ryder were released from the WWE as a part of the mass releases/furloughs in April. Their respective non-compete clauses in their WWE contracts were up on July 18th.

The Good Brothers (Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson) appeared on tonight’s episode of IMPACT as well following their debuts at Slammiversary. A recap of this week’s edition of IMPACT on AXS will be up on the site immediately after the show wraps up.

To get a recap and review of Slammiversary, head over to the “podcasts” section of the site.

With basically all his closest wrestling friends (apart from Scurll) now a part of Impact, you’d have to expect Zack Ryder to join them soon.

I would have to think so but AEW isn’t out of the question to me. Hope these guys do well.

1 Like

Kind of like I how I feel on Heath, in the moment this kind of feels like Impact taking all the table scraps, on par with minor league baseball demotions. 6 months down the line , I’m curious how all these guys change and evolve, being able to control their narrative (no EC3 joke intended, I actually think he’s kinda cringey rn).

I wish the best to Myers though. I’ve never seen the guy really work, but I know he’s got a pretty upstanding rep in the industry