Britt Baker describes her current position on AEW TV as 'backed off', doesn't want to bug Tony Khan

Originally published at Britt Baker describes her current position on AEW TV as 'backed off', doesn't want to bug Tony Khan

Baker added that she could not ask for a better boss than Tony. 

Since Jamie Hayter captured the AEW Women’s World Championship, Britt Baker has been flanking her as the champion has taken the lead role in their on-screen dynamic. 

While speaking to FOX Sports Australia, Baker described her current position on TV as ‘backed off’ and added that she does not want to bug or bother Tony Khan, as she’s sure he has an abundance of wrestlers contacting him. 

Baker touched on how honest Khan is/was with her and stated that she could not have asked for a better boss than him. 

Right now, I’m not having weekly matches, I’m not having weekly promos, so it’s a little bit backed off. I try not to bother him (Tony Khan) and bug him because there are hundreds of other wrestlers texting him on a daily basis, I’m sure. But for example, when I was champion, I was texting with Tony several times a week with different ideas, and he was sending me his ideas, and he’s very straight-up with me. He’d tell me, ‘Britt, that’s not a good idea, I don’t like that’,  or, ‘Hey, let’s make this better,’ and I really appreciate that from my boss. Honesty is one of the most helpful tools anyone can ever give you when you’re learning your craft, especially when you’re learning TV professional wrestling. I couldn’t ask for a better boss than Tony Khan and he has helped me so much growing as a performer, as a wrestler, as a human being. He’s really a special guy and we’re lucky to work for him.

At this Sunday’s Revolution pay-per-view, Jamie Hayter is going to be defending her championship in a three way involving Saraya and Ruby Soho.