Britt Baker further comments on WWE showing interest in her, feels the company can't be trusted

Originally published at Britt Baker further comments on WWE showing interest in her

Britt Baker further shares her thoughts about WWE showing interest in her.

The reigning AEW Women’s World Champion Britt Baker is four months out from reaching a full year as champion. As of this writing, Baker is paired on-screen with Adam Cole, her significant other. They’ll be teaming up on the 1/19 episode of Dynamite against Kris Statlander and Orange Cassidy.

In the past, Baker has spoken about WWE’s interest in her and back in September 2021, Adam Cole shared that WWE inquired about Baker’s status and availability through him. In issue 16 of Inside The Ropes magazine, Baker further spoke on the matter and feels that although WWE showed interest, it’s difficult to put trust into the company. She added that with AEW, all promises have been followed up on.

I mean, exactly, I can’t disagree with you. They definitely expressed interest—unfortunately, I’ve got to pick and choose how I say this—but I just feel like you can’t trust anything with that company, whereas at AEW, I’ve never been promised anything that didn’t follow through.

So it’s something that, unfortunately, it’s sad that it comes down to that, that it makes a company not really desirable because you can’t trust anything they say. And I know business is business, and I understand totally that’s what it is, but as a wrestler, business is business as well.

On top of the mixed tag team match, below is the updated lineup for this week’s Dynamite on TBS:

• Sting & Darby Allin vs. The Acclaimed (Anthony Bowens & Max Caster)
  • Adam Cole & Dr. Britt Baker vs. Orange Cassidy & Kris Statlander
  • CM Punk vs. Shawn Spears
  • Serena Deeb vs. Skye Blue
  • TNT Champion Cody Rhodes returns
1 Like