Bron Breakker discusses kicking the black and gold NXT logo: "I don't think it's a nail in the coffin"

Originally published at Bron Breakker discusses kicking the black and gold WWE NXT logo

Bron Breakker reflects on his NXT Title win.

The main event of NXT’s New Year’s Evil special was Bron Breakker challenging Tommaso Ciampa for the NXT Championship. Breakker tapped Ciampa out with the ‘Steiner Recliner’ finisher to become the 19th NXT Champion in history.

Coming off of his win, Breakker made the media rounds and one of the outlets he spoke to was CBS Sports. During Breakker’s entrance at New Year’s Evil, he kicked the black and gold NXT logo in half and when asked about that, he does not view it as a “nail in the coffin” for the black and gold version of NXT. He thinks it symbolizes a formal shift from what NXT was to what it is now and he’s sure he’ll cross paths with Tommaso Ciampa again.

I don’t think it’s a nail in the coffin or anything like that. We’re just shifting from black and gold to 2.0. Tomasso is going to be around. I’m sure that he and I will cross paths again. That will happen at some point in time whether it’s now or later. It’s going to happen again. I’m looking forward to it. It’s just a shift. Those guys are going to be here. I’m fully aware that they’re here. It ain’t going anywhere.

POST Wrestling’s written recap of New Year’s Evil can be read here and the audio review can be heard via the upNXT section of the site.