Bruce Prichard: Vince McMahon shows no signs of slowing down at all

Originally published at Bruce Prichard: Vince McMahon shows no signs of slowing down at all

Bruce Prichard feels that Vince McMahon will continue his role for years to come.

As WWE is gearing up to present the 35th installment of their Royal Rumble event on 1/29, Conrad Thompson and Executive Director of Raw and SmackDown, Bruce Prichard, looked back on the 2005 Royal Rumble for the latest Something to Wrestle with podcast. The 2005 Rumble featured the double elimination in the Rumble match with John Cena and Dave Bautista.

Bruce Prichard was asked if he could have guessed that Vince McMahon would still be running WWE at the rate that he is 17 years later and Prichard said he always felt like McMahon would still be going at the same rate. Prichard went on to add that McMahon shows no signs of slowing down and doesn’t think people will have to imagine a WWE without him for a long time.

Yes . Absolutely. Yeah, I can’t imagine him not doing it and I am sure that he will continue to do it probably for the next 25-to-30 years. His mom’s 101 and still going so, you know, he shows no signs of slowing down at all and he’s a freak of nature and it’s hard to imagine it without him and I don’t think that we’ll have to imagine it without him for a long, long time.

This episode was recorded as WWE was approaching their 1/21 SmackDown show in Nashville, Tennessee. Wai Ting and Kate from Montreal recapped the show and to hear their thoughts about it, check out the latest Rewind-A-SmackDown.

If the quote in this article is used, please credit ‘Something to Wrestle with’ along with an H/T to POST Wrestling for the transcription.

I mean, what else can he say. If he does think he’s slowing down, there is no chance in hell he says it. I highly doubt a 100 year old Vince will be head of creative in 25 years.

I hate to say it, and I dont wish this on him, but Vince most likely will back off the product when he either dies, or massive medical episode (ie. stroke or heart attack).