Bryan Danielson thinks Jonathan Gresham has helped carry the tradition of "real technical wrestling"

Originally published at Bryan Danielson says he would love to wrestle Jonathan Gresham

Danielson says he would love to wrestle Gresham.

Over the weekend at Ring of Honor’s Final Battle pay-per-view, Jonathan Gresham and Jay Lethal went one-on-one in the main event for the ROH World Championship and Gresham emerged victorious.

On the 12/15 AEW Dynamite, Bryan Danielson will be challenging Hangman Adam Page for the AEW World Championship and to promote the match, Danielson spoke to The Dallas Morning News. He was asked if he’d be interested in sharing the ring with Jon Gresham and Danielson stated that he would love to. He feels that Gresham is one of the talents who is helping carry the tradition of ‘real technical wrestling’.

I’d love to wrestle Jonathan Gresham. I love his style. He’s got a great mat-wrestling style. I think he’s one of the guys who have really carried on the tradition of real ‘technical wrestling’ wrestling, and I think that match would be a lot of fun.

Another match that peaks Danielson’s interest is a singles match against Darby Allin in Seattle. Both talents are from the state of Washington and Danielson thinks the story between them would be intriguing.

That’s a really hard one. I think a really interesting one – this would be, if you’re talking about a dream scenario, it would probably be with Darby Allin and that match would happen in Seattle. We’re both from there, and just telling a story of two guys kind of from the same place but are completely different. One is young and on the rise and already a superstar, one is aging and this is the twilight – that sort of thing. That, I think, would be a pretty cool story.

Bryan Danielson versus Hangman Adam Page is headlining the ‘Winter Is Coming’ episode of AEW Dynamite. Below is the lineup for the show:

• AEW World Championship: Hangman Adam Page (c) vs. Bryan Danielson
  • Dynamite Diamond Ring: MJF (c) vs. Dante Martin
  • No-DQ Match: Hikaru Shida vs. Serena Deeb
  • Wardlow vs. Matt Sydal