BT Sport adds NXT and NXT UK to its programming schedule

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2019/12/31/bt-sport-adds-nxt-and-nxt-uk-to-its-programming-schedule/

As the WWE’s relationship with Sky Sports came to an end with Monday’s broadcast of Raw, their new deal with BT Sport is set to begin.

On Tuesday, WWE touted their new home for the UK and Ireland following a 30-year relationship with Sky Sports. Most notable in Tuesday’s release is the addition of NXT and NXT UK to their programming schedule.

NXT will air live beginning this Thursday at 1 am local time alongside Raw and SmackDown on BT Sport. NXT UK will also make its television debut in January after being an exclusive property of the WWE Network since its inception. They have not listed a timeslot for NXT UK, although it currently airs Thursdays at 8 pm GMT on the WWE Network.

The new deal kicks off on New Year’s Day with a programming block including WWE 24 specials on Kofi Kingston and Becky Lynch, as well as the WrestleMania Legendary Moments special narrated by John Cena.

1 Like

It’ll be interesting to see how long BT stay this committed but for now, it’s a big positive.

They got me as a customer with the NXT news. I said goodbye to wwe before they announced nxt

The NXT news doesn’t change anything for me as I still probably won’t get chance to watch it until the weekend, the NXT UK show could be different though depending how long between the airing and it going on the network.

I don’t remember Sky Sports doing anything like this.

Probably to do with the fact that it’s on a new broadcaster now, lets see if they carry on doing this in a few months.

Interesting that they only just announced NXT and NXT UK, got to be a recent announcement, surely BT Sport and/or WWE aren’t worried just yet?

I don’t see why they won’t continue to show NXT and NXT UK if it’s just a small part of the deal. BT have really upped their game recently and it’s not as if they will be running anything else at 1am on Thursday morning.