Candice LeRae suffered a broken arm at NXT TakeOver: WarGames

Originally published at Candice LeRae suffered a broken arm at NXT TakeOver: WarGames

Coming out of the women’s WarGames match which was won by Candice LeRae, Dakota Kai, Raquel Gonzalez and Toni Storm, Paul “Triple H” Levesque stated during the post-show media call that LeRae was being x-rayed for a possible broken arm. On the 12/9 episode of NXT on the USA Network, a video package aired which recapped the action of the women’s WarGames match and the competitors in the bout shared their thoughts on it. During Shotzi Blackheart’s portion of the video package, she stated that LeRae suffered a broken arm.

There was a spot in the WarGames match when Shotzi hit a senton onto Candice off the top of a ladder. Candice held a chair up as Shotzi was coming down.

SHOTZI doing what SHOTZI does best. 🖤#NXTTakeOver #WarGames @CandiceLeRae @ShotziWWE pic.twitter.com/aZLh5YZOh7

— WWE NXT (@WWENXT) December 7, 2020

Raquel Gonzalez scored the win for her team in WarGames as she pinned the current NXT Women’s Champion Io Shirai.

Davie Portman and Braden Herrington of upNXT reviewed TakeOver: WarGames and their review can be watched on the upNXT YouTube channel.

1 Like

Every big match in NXT has to have a ladder involved somehow. HAS TO

I would understand if it was safe. Like, the Kendo stick makes sense as a gimmick weapon because it’s a great look and sound with (relatively) low risk. But going off of a ladder for a piped-in pop and to take a bump that isn’t even going to end the match is possibly the dumbest common spot about wrestling right now.

So we’re all coming around to Jim Cornette’s way of thinking regarding crazy spots that don’t mean anything? :thinking: A far cry from when everyone was excited about a more hardcore, crazy, blood filled take on wrestling existing…

1 Like

I don’t think that’s strictly a Cornette thing, but I’d be lying if I said my mind didn’t immediately snap to Cornette when I read this headline. Pollock has been beating this same drum for about as long as I’ve been listening to PW.

It’s really too bad this people are out here permanently damaging their bodies for matches nobody will remember in six weeks. Not only is it dangerous and stupid, but it’s bad business to give these things away every other week. A TLC match every few years could be a big event. Doing a bunch of them every year serves to only cheapen the experience and expose the wrestlers to injury.

1 Like