Cary Silkin says Seth Rollins told him who he's wrestling at WrestleMania 38

Originally published at Cary Silkin says Seth Rollins told him who he's wrestling at WWE WrestleMania 38

Cary Silkin recaps a conversation he had with Seth Rollins and Kevin Owens.

WWE is one week out from the first night of their two-day WrestleMania 38 event. The match card is rounding out and on night one, Kevin Owens is scheduled to host the K.O Show and Stone Cold Steve Austin is appearing to confront Owens.

For multiple weeks, Seth Rollins has been attempting to find his way onto the WrestleMania card by trying to beat the likes of Owens and AJ Styles for their spots. Rollins has not been confirmed for either night, but former Ring of Honor owner Cary Silkin recapped a conversation he had with both Rollins and Kevin Owens during an interview with Ringsiders Wrestling. Their in-person conversation took place on March 6th in Allentown, Pennsylvania and Silkin shared that Rollins told him who he’s wrestling at WrestleMania.

That was the exact question I asked Kevin and I said, ‘Would that excite you to wrestle him? Or you know, that’d be like wow?’ He’s like, ‘Of course’. So, that was cool and I’m not gonna tell you who Tyler, Colby, Seth Rollins told me he’s gonna wrestle. It’s sort of a surprise so I’m not going to give it away here.

Silkin did ask Rollins and Owens about All Elite Wrestling. Owens opted to re-sign with WWE in December 2021 as his contract was set to expire the following January. Cary said they are well taken care of where they are and do not expect to see either in AEW anytime soon.

I also asked them — I can talk about this. I also asked them , who’s — you can’t count other people’s money as my father used to say. But, he most likely is pretty set and his attitude was just, you know, he loves the wrestling. Not that those guys don’t, but for him it was like, you know, and he’s getting paid good. Tyler and Kevin are completely happy where they are. So that’s that. We’re not gonna be seeing them in AEW anytime soon, put it that way.

As a part of the 2022 ROH Hall of Fame, Silkin was honored with the inaugural Legacy Award. He spoke about his induction and detailed how he was informed about it. Silkin said he had a hunch when he received a call to come to Baltimore, Maryland but he was still surprised by the revelation.

He added that he would not have been against the first class being wrestlers only and shared his thoughts about his fellow inductees.

Well, I had a hunch something was happening because Delirious called me and asked me if I could come down to Baltimore, that they were doing the final episode of the Hall of Fame thing, so they’re going to do, you know, the final one and you know, Briscoes, , he goes, ‘Cary, look. Look over there.’ So, between the Punk and Joe — so my point is that Punk and Joe are integral, integral. That feud and having Foley and Steamboat at that time really helped us propel us to whatever the hell else we did, because we lost Punk and Joe quickly.

Ring of Honor is now owned by AEW’s Tony Khan and the first event under Khan’s ownership is Supercard of Honor on April 1st. Here is the current lineup for that show:

• Undisputed ROH World Championship — Winner Takes All: Jonathan Gresham (c) vs. Bandido (c)
  • ROH World Tag Team Championships: The Briscoes (Mark & Jay Briscoe) (c) vs. FTR (Dax Harwood & Cash Wheeler)
  • Swerve Strickland vs. Alex Zayne
  • Jay Lethal vs. Lee Moriarty (w/ Matt Sydal)
  • ROH Pure Championship: Josh Woods (c) vs. Wheeler YUTA

If the quotes in this article are used, please credit Ringsiders Wrestling with an H/T to POST Wrestling for the transcriptions.

“But, he most likely is pretty set and his attitude was just, you know, he loves the wrestling. Not that those guys don’t, but for him it was like, you know, and he’s getting paid good. Tyler and Kevin are completely happy where they are. So that’s that. We’re not gonna be seeing them in AEW anytime soon, put it that way.”

I’ve read this multiple times, and I still don’t know what point Silkin’s trying to make. Apart from Rollins being well paid, obviously. Anybody?

If I had to guess, there is a narrative amongst some in the IWC that nobody wants to be in WWE and everyone wants to be in AEW. While I’m sure many wrestlers feel that way, I think Silkin was pointing out that he believes Owens and Rollins are happy in WWE. Outside of that, I dont see what other point he could be making, unless its just to highlight the big money top guys are getting right now.

Thats just a guess since you asked.

2 Likes