Casket Match announced for the Greatest Royal Rumble event

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2018/04/11/casket-match-announced-for-the-greatest-royal-rumble-event/

The WWE has announced that The Undertaker will be facing Rusev in a Casket Match at the Greatest Royal Rumble card in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia on Friday, April 27th.

The match will be The Undertaker’s first non-WrestleMania singles match since 2015 and comes off his quick match with John Cena this past weekend at WrestleMania 34.

The card is shaping up to be a long event with the 50-man Royal Rumble, seven championship matches, John Cena taking on Triple H, and a casket match that brings the match total to ten.

Below is the card:
*Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns in a steel cage match for the Universal title
*John Cena vs. Triple H
*The Undertaker vs. Rusev in a Casket Match
*Seth Rollins vs. The Miz vs. Finn Balor vs. Samoa Joe in a ladder match for the Intercontinental title
*Sheamus & Cesaro vs. Matt Hardy & Bray Wyatt OR The Revival for the vacant Raw tag titles
*50-man Royal Rumble feat. Daniel Bryan, Chris Jericho, Kurt Angle, Big Show, Kane, Braun Strowman, Bray Wyatt, Apollo, Titus O’Neil, Elias, Goldust, Baron Corbin, New Day, Shelton Benjamin, Chad Gable, Dolph Ziggler, Mojo Rawley, and Sin Cara.

1 Like

So WWE can stop figuratively burying Rusev and literally do it?

Does the rumble winner get a title shot again?

3 Likes

Great to see that this long running feud between The Undertaker and Rusev finally reaches it conclusion with a Casket Match.

Also this show could last as long as WrestleMania

1 Like

I was wondering about that too. Did I miss an announcement of what the Royal Rumble winner actually wins?

Other than that this is such a bizarre card that i’m looking forward to it. Its interesting to see what WWE thinks will be the biggest draws for a new market. Obviously the answer is gimmick matches.

I’m sure this show will be fun, but it sounds like a spoiled rich kid is running this show.

This match makes no sense and will likely be three minutes or less.

1 Like

This is turning into the dumbest show. I know they’re being paid a ton of money for it, but some (most or all?) of the matches make absolutely no sense.

2 Likes

I think John or Wai likened it to a blend between a TV taping (Raw/Smackdown) and a house show, and the card and lack of build on TV seems to provide evidence to their theory.

Over/under on this lasting longer than the Cena match? It’s very odd to see Taker back to the style of matches he was working circa 1993 twenty-five years later. Soupbones, rope-walk, chokeslam, tombstone, done.

Look at all the great matches you can see at

WWE NO GIRLS ALLOWED!

because when a theocracy that literally thinks women are property waves a huge wad of cash at you, screw the women’s revolution, amirite?

1 Like

I’m sure the fans in that country find it equally distasteful that half naked women preform athletics here in front of mixed crowds.

A casket match is a good way to get around the physicality of a normal match. They could draw oouu’s and ahh’s by simply walking closer to the gimmick. I hope Undertaker can pull it off.

wat

I don’t even

This card is like a nine year old’s “Be The Booker” post; massive Rumble, tons of gimmicks, all the titles on the line, longer than WrestleMania and no women anywhere. I wish it was gonna bomb but I can see it doing massive numbers live on the Network.

1 Like

Rusev pulled. Replaced by Jericho

LOLRusev

Don’t work your twitter into a shoot.

How does this morph into islamaphobia?

1 Like

Becoming the weirdest show in recent memory

Been running shows there since 2014… only gain high morals today over it because…reasons.