Cesar Duran close to bringing 'major' talents from Lucha Underground into MLW

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2023/03/30/cesar-duran-close-to-bringing-major-talents-from-lucha-underground-into-mlw/

Duran has plans in store that he intends to follow through on. 

Coming up for Major League Wrestling is their War Chamber event on April 6th in Queens, New York. Both National Openweight Champion John Hennigan and MLW World Women’s Featherweight Champion Taya Valkyrie are scheduled to defend their titles on the show. 

They’ll be accompanied to the ring by Cesar Duran, who is formerly known as Dario Cueto from Lucha Underground. 

For a period of time, Duran served as the on-screen matchmaker for MLW and as he was speaking to Comicbook.com, he shared that there are three ‘major’ names from Lucha Underground that he’ll be bringing into the fold of MLW. He added that there’s a fourth who was not a part of the Lucha Underground roster, but he made a surprise appearance on the show. 

Yeah, yeah. I’m very close and you’ll see. I’m very close to bringing back three of the major ones from Lucha Underground and a fourth, which will be a surprise. He wasn’t in the roster, but he made an appearance in Lucha Underground, and it’s a big surprise.

Duran expressed that it’s just the beginning of what he’s trying to do in MLW and said he’s going to ‘bring them all back’, even those in WWE. 

It’s just the beginning. I’m bringing them all. They all called when I joined MLW, they all called and they were keeping the options open. Even people that are in WWE, I’m going to bring them all back. That’s what’s going to happen.

Taya Valkyrie is currently signed to All Elite Wrestling and has kicked off a program with TBS Champion Jade Cargill.