Chavo Guerrero debuts in AEW, aligns with Andrade El Idolo

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2021/07/21/chavo-guerrero-debuts-in-aew-aligns-with-andrade-el-idolo/

Andrade El Idolo has a new consultant in the form of Chavo Guerrero.

Tony Schiavone was joined in the ring by Andrade El Idolo at AEW Fyter Fest for an interview segment. Andrade’s assistant relayed to Schiavone that Andrade has a new consultant in AEW and that individual was revealed to be former two-time WWE Tag Team Champion Chavo Guerrero.

Guerrero is now aligned with Andrade and they were confronted by Death Triangle (Penta El Zero M, PAC & Rey Fenix). The two parties were about to come to blows but several referees made their way out to the ring to prevent that from happening.

They're here! @BASTARDPAC, @PENTAELZEROM, and @ReyFenixMx out to answer @AndradeElIdolo and @mexwarrior.

Tune into @tntdrama NOW to watch #AEWDynamite #FyterFest Night 2 LIVE! pic.twitter.com/wd1vpBKmji

— All Elite Wrestling (@AEW) July 22, 2021

The last time that Chavo Guerrero wrestled was in April at Josh Barnett’s Bloodsport show. Chavo was a part of the filming of NBC’s Young Rock series in Australia. He helped with the fight choreography, similar to what he did with the Netflix series GLOW.

Andrade was initially paired with Vickie Guerrero. Vickie is now back solely with Nyla Rose who unsuccessfully challenged for the AEW Women’s World Championship on tonight’s show.

I’m glad they have done something different with Andrade, he’s really seemed like an afterthought since he joined AEW. Hopefully Chavo can help give him that extra something he needs.

1 Like

Vickie was the lazy move, but more times than not on the creative side they’ve realized when they’ve made a mistake with a grouping and this was obviously one of them. All I ever ask for is if we’re going to say a guy isn’t being used right in one company that they actually do something different with them when they arrive in AEW - the Chavo thing is a great adjustment and possibly putting a group around Andrade is a whole new look that will give him a chance to prove if he’s worth the hype (and on a side note, hopefully finally give the Lucha Bros something that actually matches their worth since they’ve arrived).

1 Like

Andrade upgraded in Guerreros.

2 Likes

This was the right call. Now I cannot wait until Penta and Fenix turn on PAC. The matches these guys are all going to have are going to be incredible

1 Like

I like this. They listened to the criticism that was out there and made a change. Nobody was happy with Vickie. It’s similar to when they scrapped the nightmare Collective. They listen to their audience.

What’s more puzzling to me is Zelina Vega. Clearly with Andrade there she would’ve been a natural to come in, and her husband just signed with AEW. Yet she resigns with WWE after they cut her just be jobbed out? I know at time she doesn’t seem like the sharpest tool in the shed based on what she tweets, but this seems puzzling on a lot of levels.

3 Likes

My guess is that they paid her alot to come back in order to prove a point. Ironically, I have to wonder if her landing the big pay day (if im right) is what motivated Black to go to AEW for what I assume is less money. Thats the only thing that makes sense to me as she would have been perfect in AEW as Andrade’s manager, 10 times better then Vickie or Chavo.

The only thing I can think of, is maybe she wants to do outside ventures post wrestling. As good as AEW is, and as popular as it is to the IWC, when it comes to being a vehicle to hollywood, WWE is a much better opportunity then AEW to get your name out there, or at least as of today (anything can change).

Not defending her, just trying to explain her motives.

1 Like

Yes it’s possible they paid her a lot (?just to job her out) and maybe her and her husband didn’t want to both goto AEW on the off chance it folded and neither was employed.

Cody is doing TV stuff and I doubt AEW would restrict her as much from any ideas she had to self promote but yes it’s not as mainstream as WWE

Overall though WWE isn’t going to do much with her and the best act she had with Andrade is gone

Maybe she didn’t want to just be a manager forever.