Chelsea Green reflects on return to WWE at Royal Rumble, says she'd like to see NXT's Tiffany Stratton on main roster

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2023/03/23/chelsea-green-reflects-on-return-to-wwe-at-royal-rumble-says-shed-like-to-see-nxts-tiffany-stratton-on-main-roster/

Green was in the Royal Rumble for five seconds. 

This past January, the 2023 women’s Royal Rumble match was won by Rhea Ripley. The match featured surprise appearances from NXT Women’s Champion Roxanne Perez, Nia Jax, Michelle McCool, Asuka and Chelsea Green. 

That was Green’s return to the company after being released in April 2021. She was the featured guest for episode #96 of WWE Die Woche. She touched on being eliminated from the Rumble in quick fashion, but stated that she made history and clips of her being eliminated will be replayed for years to come. 

Well, it was very exciting (to return at WWE Royal Rumble). But a little shorter than I anticipated… Look, that five seconds of fame is gonna last forever because I did set a record. It might not have been a record that I wanted but I set a record and I’m about to be in the record books and they are about to have to replay clips of me for years to come.

Among the questions asked of Green was who from NXT would she like to see on the main roster. Green named Tiffany Stratton and could see the current NXT talent being her protégé. 

Um, hello! Tiffany (Stratton is who I want to see on Monday Night Raw)! Actually, we’re talking about a perfect little protégé, mini-me, star, Tiffany.

With WrestleMania 39 coming up, Green made a suggestion for WrestleMania 40 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. She said she’d like to face Adam Pearce and the winner takes on the General Manager position. Her first suggestion was a match with Rhea Ripley. 

Rhea Ripley (is who I could see myself facing at WrestleMania 40). I take it back. I take it back. Adam Pearce… Adam Pearce for the General Manager position. Winner takes General Manager position.

As of this writing, Green is not scheduled for WrestleMania 39. She stated that if she’s not wrestling on the show, she would not mind co-hosting with The Miz. 

Also, if The Miz needs help hosting WrestleMania, I can also do that. I know the people really, really love me. They connect to me the same way they connect to The Miz. We’ve got a massive following, we really the have best outfits to showcase something like that so, besides being really the first candidate to take over the management position on Raw (from Adam Pearce), I could also be a host as well. I really wear plenty of hats. I don’t know if you know that but I’m letting you know now. I’m a jill of many trades. Not all, but we’re working on it.

This past Monday on Raw, Green requested that herself and Piper Niven be put into the showcase match for the women’s tag division. There are going to be four teams in that match and thus far, Liv Morgan and Raquel Rodriguez have qualified. 

If the quotes in this article are used, please credit WWE Die Woche with an H/T to POST Wrestling for the transcriptions.