Chris Jericho becomes ROH World Champion at AEW Dynamite Grand Slam

Originally published at Chris Jericho becomes ROH World Champion at AEW Dynamite Grand Slam

New ROH World Champion crowned.

Kicking off AEW Dynamite Grand Slam at Arthur Ashe Stadium was the ROH World Championship match that saw Claudio Castagnoli put the belt on the line against Chris Jericho.

Former Ring of Honor owner Cary Silkin was ringside for the match and took a few slaps to the face from Jericho while on the outside. The final sequence of the match saw Jericho flip Claudio over and on the other side was referee Aubrey Edwards. Claudio stopped himself from running into Edwards and as she had her head turned, Jericho gave Claudio a low blow and followed up with the ‘Judas Effect’ to become champion.

#AndNEW!!!
Your NEW @ringofhonor World Champion is @IAmJericho!#AEWDynamite pic.twitter.com/pPI3kbK7TX

— All Elite Wrestling (@AEW) September 22, 2022

The stadium is in disbelief as @IAmJericho snatches Ocho, his 8th World Championship – the @ringofhonor World Championship, bringing 2 #ROH titles to the #JerichoAppreciationSociety! It’s #AEWDynamite Grand Slam LIVE on @TBSNetwork! pic.twitter.com/ZKjyhgV7Ys

— All Elite Wrestling (@AEW) September 22, 2022

Throughout his career, Jericho has held titles in AEW, ECW, CMLL, NJPW, WCW, WWE and now ROH.

First guy ever to win both the ROH and AEW titles*

*CM Punk no longer exists

That title does not have any value without a ROH TV show.

1 Like

I’ll be honest, I hate it when WWE has NXT title matches on Raw or SD, and I hate it when AEW has ROH title matches on Dynamite. I guess it’s cool that Jericho is champion, but I think it would have meant more if he won it headlining an actual ROH show. It just feels like the European title at this point.