Christian Cage to meet Josh Alexander at Bound for Glory on 10/23

Originally published at Christian Cage to meet Josh Alexander at Bound for Glory on 10/23

At the conclusion of Saturday’s Victory Road event, Josh Alexander announced he was invoking ‘Option C’ to challenge Christian Cage.

The X Division Champion will now challenge Cage at the Bound for Glory pay-per-view event on Saturday, October 23rd in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Option C was introduced by the promotion in 2012 where the X Division Champion can voluntarily give up the championship for a shot at the IMPACT Championship.

It is the first match announced for the pay-per-view next month, which will have a special 10 p.m. ET start time due to AEW Dynamite airing the same night from 8-10 p.m.

Cage retained the IMPACT Championship defeating Ace Austin on Saturday while Alexander retained the X Division Championship against Chris Sabin.

This will be the first time Cage has wrestled at Bound for Glory since the 2008 show where he lost a three-way involving Booker T. and AJ Styles.

1 Like

I can barely express how much I’m looking forward to this. Josh is the man, and although I was hoping for Option C, for Bound for Glory I wasn’t all that convinced I’d get it, I’m practically gritty right now lol

It’s great they are getting behind Josh.
That said, pretty sure his deal is done in January and there are going to be other options on the table. Interesting to see if Impact gets behind him, right before he can leave.

Has anyone not used Option C before?

Yes the term was coined by Austin Aries, also by Chris Sabin, Brian Cage and unsuccessfully by Rockstar Spud. So this’ll be the 5th time in 9 years