Cicero Stadium to host multiple IMPACT events including Bound for Glory

Originally published at Cicero Stadium to host multiple IMPACT events including Bound for Glory

IMPACT has announced multiple dates for Cicero Stadium in Illinois including Bound for Glory on Saturday, October 21st.

The promotion has announced three sets of events for 2022 with Spring Slugfest on April 28th & 29th followed by Chicago Heat on July 28th & 29th.

IMPACT will return in October to hold its Bound for Glory pay-per-view on October 21st and tape television the following night in the venue.

BREAKING: IMPACT is coming to Cicero Stadium in Chicago for 3 HUGE events in 2023.

– April 28-29: Spring Slugfest
– July 28-29: Chicago Heat
– October 21-22: #BoundForGlory and Fallout

A special season pass for all the events goes on-sale THIS FRIDAY: https://t.co/rRLlPwZilj pic.twitter.com/0D3Jg21rkV

— IMPACT (@IMPACTWRESTLING) January 25, 2023

Cicero Stadium is located just outside of Chicago and has been a regular building for MLW and IMPACT in the past.

The Chicago area has hosted Bound for Glory in the past with the 2008 edition at the Sears Centre in Hoffman Estates and the 2019 version in Villa Park.

IMPACT is offering a “season pass” offer to purchase tickets for all three events, which will be available on January 27th. 

IMPACT’s next pay-per-view is Rebellion on Sunday, April 16th at The Rebel Complex in Toronto, Ontario.

1 Like

I know impact held EMERGENCE 2022, headlined by Josh defending the strap against Alex Shelley, but I don’t recall when they ran the building prior. I believe the 1st event, Spring Slugout will be their 3rd event held in Cicero Stadium. Yes, at the time known as TNA Wrestling held Bound for Glory from the Sears Center in '08 headlined by Joe vs Sting for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship but TNA also held their inaugural TNA Impact Live on Spike TV from the Sears Center as well. That was the height of the Aces&Eights angle when TNA wanted to take Impact on the road from major arenas…it also skyrocketed their weekly costs to just under a cool $1mil. TNA had limited success emanating from the Sears Center however in 2019 the company, then known as Impact Wrestling and owned/operated by Anthem Media, held Bound for Glory from the historical Odeam Expo Center in Chicago suburb Villa Park. Now I know there were potentially more eyes on the 2008 product and thankfully there are more eyes and growing on today’s product BUT the 2019 BFG event at the Odeum was an awesome show that’s criminally overlooked. The card was headlined by v the fallen from grace former Impact Champion Mr GMSI, The Swolverine Brian Cage against The Worldwide Desperado, The Draw, The Callihan DEATH Machine Sami Callihan for the title. I think 2022’s BFG drew a respectable audience and I hope by announcing the date and location so early in advance is sure to sell out. Now if only they’d reschedule the Buckeye Brawl, set for Columbus Ohio just as the pandemic kicked off Id be a happy guy. Don’t sleep on Impact Wrestling…they’re NOW the alternative that TNA should have always been and everyone from Tony Kahn to the WWE to NJPW, NOAH, -AAA-, THE CRASH, NWA etc have wanted to work with Scott D’Amore, Jimmy Jacobs, Gail Kim, Tommy Dreamer and co. Props to The Golden Booker Mr Don Callis for all he did with Impact Wrestling as well…he’s missed in a position that actually matters and has influence BUT good for him earning what I’m sure are TOP TALENT level paychecks from AEW.