Classic or Great movies you have never seen

Inspired by @johnpollock admitting he had never watched the entire Godfather trilogy and @TheBrayD saying on Twitter that he hasn’t seen Shawshank Redemption I thought I would ask what classic movies you haven’t seen?

I’m not much of a horror movie fan so there are tons of classic horror movies I haven’t seen. Nightmare on Elm Street, Friday the 13th, the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre just to name a few.

What haven’t you seen?

I’ve never watched Star Wars :grimacing:

1 Like

Where to start. One of the non wrestling pod casts I listen to is Unspooled. The are going through the AFI top 100. I started listening after they had been going for awhile and if I can find the movie they are covering for the next week I watch it. There are a few that I have liked and others I thought where horrible and a few I have just skipped out right.

Horror movies are not my thing same can be said for anything with Woody Allen. I just can’t listen to his voice. I have also never watched any of the Godfather movies completely.

2 Likes

I’ve never seen a lot of classic movies honestly. Godfather Trilogy, Goodfellas, basically anything horror, Raising Cain, and many others.

I just don’t have interest in a lot of the subject matter.

2 Likes

The Godfather trilogy, Shawshank, any of the Star Wars movies, any of the Indiana Jones movies, Forrest Gump, Back to the Future, Jurassic Park, E.T, Goodfellas, any of the Terminators or Lord of the Rings. Really any classic horror movies.

I could go on. As a kid I just watched the first Spiderman movie over and over again. I didn’t want to see anything else!

I get a lot of flack for this:

None of the lethal weapon movies
None of the terminator movies
None of the Jaws movies
Schindler’s List
Again like most above - none of the old horrors

This Christmas though I finally watched Die Hard. Theres a load of sequels I’ve never seen though.

Ive never seen Starwars either :grimacing:

Let me start by saying that I teach Film Studies.

I’ve never seen:

Last of the Mohicans
The Green Mile
Citizen Kane
Schindler’s List

I haven’t seen any of The Godfather movies either. I am not a fan of mafia movies so it didn’t really spark my interest.

I also went a really long time without watching The Dark Knight. I did not see it until 2018.

Put me in the camp with never having seen Godfather, Indiana Jones, Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter.

Much like most of you, I had never watched The Godfather until a couple years ago and I wish I had kept it that way. Didn’t live up to the hype.

1 Like

Never seen top gun

What! I totally disagree.

Considering the number of responses that said they had never seen the Godfather I was prepared to make an impassioned plea for everyone to see it. It is one of the greatest movies ever made and continues to feel original even though it has been ripped off or copied in so many tv shows and movies. It should be even more appreciated by wrestling fans as its essentially about a beautifully orchestrated heel turn. Everyone should see it.

3 Likes

But, I cannot stress this enough, avoid part 3 at all costs.

But, usually when a movie has stood the test of time, you should be in for a decent flick. I know, there’s no way of watching every movie that is good; but some you should really try to.

Couldn’t agree more. The first two I’ve seen maybe 100 times

The issue is I have very little (read no) interest in mafia movies. So it could be great writing and acting, but I have no interest in the subject matter. As such I am unlikely to think it is the best movie.

There is also something to be said about hype., and it leading to disappointment, I remember seeing Forest Gump in the theater after one of our neighbors had raced about it being the best movie ever, and it wasn’t that at all, even if it was good.

I am in Italian from New Jersey and I have not seen any of the godfathers.

1 Like

Yeah I’m not trying to shit on this movie but after hearing for years that it is one of the greatest movies ever, the hype was built up too much and perhaps I thought it would be something different then what it was.

I’ve never seen E.T

1 Like

Harry Potter. My wife is a huge fan, so I assume I will see them when my kid is the proper age, but I’ve not seen or read any of them, nor do I have any interest.