Classic or Great movies you have never seen

Where do I start. I haven’t seen Get Out,Lord of The Rings,Harry Potter, none of the Fast & Furious movies since The Rock joined the cast & countless others. For most of my early 20s I really didn’t watch movies. The Dark Knight Rises & The Avengers finally got me out of that rut. I will watch the big comic book movie or sequel to a childhood fav like Toy Story in theaters today but otherwise i 'll check out something when family & friends suggest it.

Jaws.
Alien or Aliens.
Citizen Kane.

Godfather :pensive:

Haven’t seen any Harry Potter or read the books.

Hunger games

Game of Thrones

I’ve never seen any of the Indiana Jones movies in their entirety. The closest I’ve come to them was an independently made remake of Raiders of the Lost Ark, apparently shot-for-shot, done by a group of kids that made it around the time the original movie came out. I caught this remake at a small film festival, with the director/star in attendance to answer questions, and there was a documentary about it released a while ago (haven’t seen it yet, I think it’s called “Raiders!”).

I haven’t seen most big horror movies, such as the Classic Universal monster flicks (except for Frankenstein and Creature of the Black Lagoon, I have those covered) and big ones from the 70s and 80s, such as The Exorcist, Poltergeist, Halloween, Nightmare on Elm Street, or any of the Friday the 13th movied. Then again, I HAVE seen Alien (but not yet all of Aliens nor any of Alien 3), Jaws (one of my absolute favorite movies), and John Carpenter’s The Thing, so go figure.

Not missing anything with citizen kane. I wish I never saw it. What a bore!

1 Like

Lol. It was nominated for 7 academy awards and didn’t win any. How it was nominated at all is a mystery. Totally agree with you.

1 Like

Game of thrones = not a movie

2 Likes

Citizen Kane hasn’t aged well as a watchable movie; in 2020, its target audience is basically just film nerds and film historians. Orson Welles made it when he was 25 (his directorial debut) and his style was something that most audiences had never seen before. Not to mention that the big ending was fresh and unexpected to a 1941 audience.

I love it, but I don’t know that I’ll ever sit down and watch it again.

Die Hard
Citizen Kane
Any Harry Potter past the first movie
I don’t believe I ever watch Top Gun

1 Like

If I ever come to NJ or you to Liverpool lets have a Star Wars Watching party!

1 Like

Go watch the Godfather 1 and 2 - you wont regret it.

only watched Aliens about 2 years ago and they are truly some of the best films I’ve ever seen. The story is immense!

Citizen Kane is a bit boring, it hasn’t aged well!

Jaws is also worth watching for sure

1 Like

How does that even happen???

1 Like

Haven’t watched:

The Godfather
Die Hard series
Titanic
Pulp Fiction
Goodfellas
Terminator series

Also not a horror movie fan so haven’t watched any. Ever.

Damn, what have you watched? That leaves like Hallmark channel movies :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Back to the Future. Indiana Jones. Any of the Star Trek movies. And also the Godfather movies. I own the first two but haven’t found time to watch em. Same with the final LOTR cuz of the length.

It’s one thing to not have seen the best movies from the 1930’s or 40’s. But in a twist to this thread, how many of the 2019-2020 Academy Award nominated best movies have you seen.

The nominations are:
Ford vs Ferrari
The Irishman
Jojo Rabit
Joker
Little Women
Marriage Story
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
Parasite

I have seen 4 out of 9. I would like to try to see three more before the actual awards ceremony.

0 for 9… Would like to see 5, no interest in 2, have not heard of 2.

Back in high school/college (my video store clerk days) and up until I was about 26, I use to see at least 4-of-5 of the nominees (and then 8-of-10 when the format changed) pretty much every year.

0-9, I’m not usually one who sees a ton of award winning movies. I also don’t get to theaters much. My theater viewing this year was Captain Marvel, Endgame, Frozen 2, and Star Wars.

0 for 9 for me too

3/9 for me - Joker/Once upon a time/Irishman