CM Punk addresses Colt Cabana, AEW EVPs and Hangman Adam Page at post-All Out presser

I feel like that was a low blow by Punk. I know many people who are on their parents bank accounts so they can have signing authority in the event something happens.

2 Likes

I think itā€™s more so Khan wanting to hire Punk so badly but also not wanting to upset the Elite by not keeping Cabana. So he tried to appease both sides which was dumb.

Bosses need to make hard decisions sometimes and Khan seems to be more interested in having wrestlers like him than anything else

2 Likes

This one absolutely murdered me. So good.

3 Likes

Haha Iā€™m only here for the memes. The memes have been hilarious.

2 Likes

I canā€™t wait to drop

ā€œThese stupid guys think they are in Resedaā€ and replace that with whatever small town the person is from the next time I get into an argument

1 Like

44 year old here. Not saying this is Colts situation, but I share a bank account with my mom because I am also her caregiver. Because of COPD she canā€™t handle much including finances without help.

Even if he is a guy who is sharing an account with her because heā€™s struggling, I hate that is something to be made fun of. Iā€™ve been in that situation in the past and it sucks.

7 Likes

Fantastic article here. I donā€™t think the EVPs are blameless at all but this mess is mostly on Punk.

Ahhhh yes, written by Jonathan Snowden.

The guy who called Bruce Mitchell brave, for demanding Brodie Leeā€™s wife give answers surrounding his death. Both fall under the same category as Jon Alba. Shitty humans.

1 Like

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

I think itā€™s a very good article thatā€™s pretty based in reality without much speculation.

They should be aiming for a big show tonight to try and take peoples minds off the shit. Iā€™d go all out(no pun intended) and try and do what I could to bring in Bray Wyatt and do a big angle with the Dark Order/Hangman Page. Then you can have The Elite get back with Hangman when they return from suspension against a newly invigorated Dark Order.

Something like that combined with MJF returning should get some talk outside of backstage shit.

100%

Garcia winning the Pure title and joining BCC would be great.

Moxley challenging MJF for the #1 contender spot while the title is on ice.

Personally donā€™t want to see Bray in AEW but canā€™t think of a bigger name to make more headlines with at the moment so may as well.

2 Likes

Makes you think about this promo by Cody - Cody Rhodes Held Nothing Back! | AEW Dynamite, 1/19/22 - YouTube

What did he know about bringing Punk in?

You know whatā€™s interesting, watch this video at specifically 3:51. When Punk calls out the EVPā€™s for leaking info, Tony Khan nods in agreement.

While Punk 100% overreacted, and he definitely took it way too far, I think this online narrative of the Elite doing nothing wrong is a bit BS. I dont see Punk just making stuff up, I think that the Elite probably said something they shouldnt have that just snowballed. Its very interesting when you watch his face at that moment. Actions speak louder then words.

But it has literally been proven that he did make stuff up. He blamed them for leaking shit to the dirt sheets and it came out that it wasnt them who said anything about the Colt Cabana situation. Iā€™m not saying they havent done absolutely anything wrong in the situation. I dont know, I dont work backstage and get to interact with them, but this is actually a case of CM Punk being paranoid, making something up in his own head and going with it and if he can do that, then what else is he capable of making up?

1 Like

I donā€™t know if he made it up, Iā€™m sure he believes itā€™s true. I donā€™t think heā€™s lying outright but his paranoia has convinced him that this is the case. However there could be some truth to it.

Did him coming to AEW have any impact on Tony Khan moving Cabana to a lesser role at ROH? Itā€™s virtually impossible to know without asking Tony. Even if CM punk didnā€™t out right ask for it - subtle body language, comments he makes etc. could easily be interpreted as Tony realizing that this would be the better option. So if it had an impact or not, itā€™s impossible to know even if he didnā€™t outright ask for it.

Did the Bucks or any of the EVPs ever communicate to anyone outside of the locker room that CM punk being ā€œresponsibleā€ for what happened to Cabana was not cool? Again itā€™s impossible to say. However, if you interpret ā€œresponsibleā€ as I said above meaning that he is the reason even if he didnā€™t ask for it, itā€™s not that far-fetched to think they couldā€™ve mentioned that to somebody in passing.

Say what you want, we did see Adam Page on live TV call him out for something like this. Adam Page is very tight with these guys. From what you can see of Adam page he doesnā€™t seem like the type to talk to reporters, whereas I donā€™t think itā€™s any secret that the Elite and the Melzerā€˜s of the world are tight.

So if heā€™s putting two and two together, and both Dave and SRS did allude to the fact that people are unhappy about this, heā€™s libel to implicate them. He knows how Adam Page feels, and heā€™s going to think that the Elite wouldā€™ve talkee to these reporters. Both of the reporters did put out that they were people unhappy with CM punk and his role in what happened to Cabana.

So both things can actually be true.

CM punk could have never asked for Cabana to formally be moved, but based on his attitude and comments he makes and general demeanour around Cabana or whenever heā€™s mentioned easily could have contributed to Tony moving him over. That couldā€™ve easily annoyed the Elite, who couldā€™ve said that to others, without directly saying CM punk asked for him to be removed.

I mean from what you know of CM punk do you really think he didnā€™t make his feelings on cabana very blatant and known backstage? Heā€™s not exactly a subtle dude as we just saw lol

4 Likes

I think itā€™s unfair and nearly impossible to judge TK and his body language as agreement to anything Punk is saying.

I know for myself I will not nod in agreement but when I am actively listening to somebody. Itā€™s a common enough form of a reaction I think. And as Punk goes further along, I think for legal reasons in Tonyā€™s mind, he likely refrained from saying anything at all. Especially once Colt and the previous lawsuits were brought up.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Danielson really is the anti-Punk. Laid back, team player, will do a job for anyone, just wants to wrestleā€¦ even though theyā€™re both vegan (Punk is/was, right?) and straight edge with ridiculously hot, former WWE Diva (remember that term?) wives.

2 Likes

Agreed. He was probably more stunned than anything and I think he clearly looked uncomfortable.

In retrospect he should have stopped it. Live and learn

1 Like

Whatā€™s the proof? Iā€™m not trying to be an ass by asking you this, I legit have not seen any proof one way or another.