CM Punk claims Jon Moxley said he wouldn't lose to him, calls Chris Jericho a 'liar and a stooge'

Punk replacing HBK as the poster boy for “this business is about professionalism and respect, unless you’re really, really, really talented.”

Except in this case, AEW is the Kliq and Punk is the guy on the outside.

So… Listening to Mox on Renee’s podcast - and this was exactly the case.

It’s also refreshing to hear him call out the bullshit about some talent publicly complaining about AEW, despite how special a place it is.

Also, already the clickbait headline for this article will be about him stating he’s never been somewhere with so much backstage bullshit. But the actual focus should be him saying it’s a select few, people who don’t realize how good they have it in AEW, and that it’s an oasis in wrestling.

Also, worth listening to, as Mox clearly loves wrestling as he gushes over Vikingo vs. Kenny, talks about how great the house show, talks about working Indies, etc.

1 Like

How “special” AEW is, is relative. I think Cody said it best in his recent interview, AEW is a special place for these that founded it, but not everyone is going to feel the same way as they come on board later. I’m sure for guys like Mox and Jericho who were there from essentially day one and pushed to the moon it’s a very special place, to some others they probably like it but its just a job, and to some they feel trapped.

I do find Mox’s comments a little ironic though given the company line he’s taking as it’s eerily similar to what Rollins said when Mox was bashing WWE after his exit.

And before someone counters me saying its not the exact same thing, yes I understand Punk was given a better push in AEW then Mox was in WWE and in this instance he’s going after coworkers opposed to booking, but the point is each left bitter and then publicly bashed their former employers only to piss off those who stayed who don’t feel the same way. Thats the irony.

It’s special in the sense that five years ago - NOBODY - expected or predicted that there would ever be a large scale alternative to WWE’s machine. Nobody believed - for lack of a better description - there would be another WCW.

AEW is special because for nearly twenty years, fans had largely accepted there was never going to be a true major league alternative. At their biggest, Impact still felt many levels below WWE. NJPW despite all their success, was still not something aimed specifically at the North American audience. ROH could have tried if Sinclair wanted to, but it was never in the cards.

That’s why AEW is special. It’s changed the game for performers and created an alternative. And Moxley recognizes that. That’s what he means when he calls it special - and an oasis. And that’s why guys like him, Jericho, Bryan AND Punk, all have been excited by it and want to make it clear to younger talent that they should be appreciative of what it provides them.

Did you listen to the podcast? Moxley spends all of five minutes out of an hour addressing the Punk thing (something he realizes he had to do - but didn’t really want to), and then spent the rest of the time talking about how excited he is about various people and matches in wrestling. He seemed excited to talk about working with Hangman and The Elite. He was happy talking about coaching and helping new talent.

It’s a good listen. And again, calls out this recent Punk story out for what it is - bullshit. There is no need for this to even be a story.

1 Like

I don’t listen to Oral Session unless its a short Youtube video here and there. I read what you posted.

I dont disagree with the majority of what you said, but I still stand by what I said. Not everyone is going to have the same love for AEW as a performer that Mox does. And that’s ok.

I’m not going to comment on Punks story being “bullshit” or not, I dont work for AEW, I wasnt there. I just know that in every story there are multiple sides and the truth is typically somewhere in the middle.

3 Likes

What I meant was bullshit that the story is making news, in March of 2023, when all of this happened during a couple of weeks in August and September of 2023 - and that by the sounds of it - ALL PARTIES seemed like they had moved on. And in this instance, neither Punk nor Moxley had even acknowledged any sort of issue between them prior to this story being posted by Meltzer last week.

I’m not saying it didn’t happen. I’m saying that it being “news” is what’s bullshit right now. It’s so silly.

For proper context:
https://twitter.com/i/status/1640682518608224256

special-ralph

1 Like

I can’t say I agree with that. It’s 2023, wrestlers should know that if they make comments about something on a podcast, if it’s in any way controversial or “juicy” it’s going to become a news story. Nobody forced Mox to talk about it. It was an interview with his wife, it’s not like he was grilled either.

I’m not going to blame the guys here at Post for talking about it. That’s their jobs.