CM Punk debuts on WWE Backstage and will appear 'periodically'

This is exactly what I have been thinking. I’m 95% sure they won’t do anything with Punk in Chicago SS weekend. But like. That 5% though.

Now that Punk will be forced to follow WWE programming, how long until he announces his official retirement?

I’m happy to see him back if anything because now I can hear him talk wrestling again and not just dodge the questions cause he is disenchanted about the industry.

Honestly, at Starrcast and All Out - I was fully ready for him to debut with AEW and was disappointed when he didn’t. After a few weeks to think about it - I honestly think WWE or by proxy through Fox is the best spot for him. He doesn’t have 20 years ahead of his career and would rather him have a chance at the stage he always wanted while he’s still got some time left in his career.

Pfft who cares. The industry has passed him by while he sulked at home and pretended to be an MMA fighter.
Wrestlers today are ten times better than he was, and could never hang with them today.
He was decent on the mic, but terribly over rated. I was never a fan of his work. Never looked like he gave a shit about his look, and used tattoos to hide his doughy body.
And to use the WWE’s favorite quote ‘He took his ball and went home’

Now that his WWE and UFC money are running out, he is coming back to associate with someone he said he never would again.

I would have more respect for him, if he stayed away from wrestling altogether, but alas he can do nothing else.

Guarantee if AEW doesnt exist, WWE doesnt go near him.

AEW fans being super salty about this is super hilarious.

1 Like