CM Punk says there is no timetable for injury return, notes that foot was “shattered”

Originally published at CM Punk says there is no timetable for injury return, notes that foot was “shattered”

Injured AEW World Champion CM Punk said yesterday that his foot is “healing, but not healed” while taking part in a panel at the San Diego Comic-Con.

According to author Mike Roe, who live-tweeted the AEW panel, Punk said that there was no timeline for his return and that he is still relearning to walk on the injured foot.

CM Punk says he has no timeline for when he’ll be back, as his foot was shattered – says it’s healing, but not healed. Says he’s re-learning to walk. #sdcc #aew pic.twitter.com/O2QU4xYM6W

— Mike Roe (he/him) @ #SDCC #MaskUp (@MikeRoe) July 24, 2022

Meanwhile, Tony Khan also addressed Punk’s injury status at his media availability following last night’s ROH Death Before Dishonor event.

Khan noted that Punk was “doing well” and was “on track”. When asked whether a unification match between Punk and whoever holds the Interim Title at the time of All Out was a possibility, Khan said:

We’ll see. I mean, I can’t rule it out, but I also can’t promise because I don’t want to say anything when it comes to somebody’s recovery from a real serious injury, and he’s really battling hard to get back as soon as he possibly can.

Punk suffered the injury during a multi-man tag match on the June 1st edition of Dynamite, just three days after winning the AEW Championship from Adam Page at Double Or Nothing on May 29th.

Despite being benched, Punk is still AEW Champion. Jon Moxley defeated Hiroshi Tanahashi at the Forbidden Door pay-per-view to become Interim Champion on June 26th.

Jumping into the crowd?

I need to know

1 Like