CM Punk vs. Darby Allin confirmed for All Out, Punk to appear on 8/25 AEW Dynamite

Originally published at CM Punk vs. Darby Allin confirmed for All Out, Punk to appear on AEW Dynamite

CM Punk versus Darby Allin is official for All Out.

Kicking off ‘The First Dance’ edition of AEW Rampage was the return of former Ring of Honor and multi-time WWE Champion CM Punk. He has signed with All Elite Wrestling and will be in action at All Out against Darby Allin.

Punk issued the challenge to Darby during Rampage and said there’s nothing more dangerous for Darby to do than “wrestle CM Punk”.

Following Punk’s return segment, AEW announced that Punk is scheduled to appear on the 8/25 Dynamite in Wisconsin.

.@CMPunk will make his first appearance on #AEWDynamite THIS WEDNESDAY in Milwaukee! Tickets are on sale NOW at https://t.co/UN1cNj1kQq. pic.twitter.com/eaB5ocTSYm

— All Elite Wrestling (@AEW) August 21, 2021

Also during tonight’s Rampage, Jurassic Express (Jungle Boy & Luchasaurus) defeated Private Party (Marq Quen & Isiah Kassidy) to advance in the Tag Team Eliminator tournament. Jungle Boy and Luchasaurus will either meet Varsity Blonds (Brian Pillman Jr. & Griff Garrison) or The Lucha Brothers (Rey Fenix & Penta El Zero M) in the finals. The winners get a shot at The Young Bucks’ AEW World Tag Team Titles at All Out in a Steel Cage match.

Jade Cargill made quick work of Kiera Hogan on Rampage.

POST Wrestling is live with a review of both Friday Night SmackDown and Rampage. To check out the stream, click here.

@Alex_Patel Does this change your mind in passing on this PPV? lol

1 Like

I must admit I even looked at tickets today laugh out loud.

The crowd reaction really got me. It’s still isn’t the strongest card but I am way more interested in CM punk even though I’ve never been a huge fan based on that reaction.

Clearly AEW is going to sell a lot of PPVs and be able to hold off a lot of their key matches for later so I completely see why the card is weaker. And the way Friday went down it definitely has my interest and I will likely watch for Punk and the reaction and also they have me believing Jurassic Express can do it.

Sadly though I was screaming at my TV hoping some NJPW talent (ie Suzuki or Tana etc) came out to attack Moxley but it doesn’t look like we’re getting that kind of stuff.

1 Like