Cody Rhodes says he has not been given a timeline for return, “hopefully soon”

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2022/09/24/cody-rhodes-says-he-has-not-been-given-a-timeline-for-return-hopefully-soon/

Cody Rhodes has claimed that doctors have not given him a timeline for a return to action because “they know I’m stupid and I’d try to test it.”

TMZ caught up with Rhodes at LAX and asked him about the state of his rehabilitation and his return to WWE.

The 37-year-old said that WWE had treated him “like the house that built me”, and referred to the lead-up to his injury as the “best three months” of his life.

Amid speculation that he could return at January’s Royal Rumble, which would line up with a six-month recovery period, he added: “I’ve got in my mind where I want to be, and I think a lot of fans have in their mind where I’d like to be, and that’s hopefully where it’s at.”

He also noted that he had “the strength of an 11-year-old” in the wake of his injury, which he sustained during weight training ahead of his match with Seth Rollins at June’s Hell in a Cell premium live event.

Cody Rhodes returned to WWE at WrestleMania 38, kicking off his run by feuding with Seth Rollins.