Cody Rhodes signs with WWE

I think the Mania name itself will always sell. Although tickets are moving way slower than before…

If Mania came within driving distance, I’d likely go for the heck of it. So I assume that’s what a lot of fans feel like. Mania still holds a shitload of nostalgia for fans of most eras.

Eventually that goodwill will stop. But for now its there.

As for an AEW stadium show… I feel like it will happen within the next two years. Craven Cottage Stadium in the UK seems very likely. And I feel like a ballpark in Illinois or Wisconsin seems likely for a show in that time frame with a major Punk match (vs. Omega? Vs Hangman? )

They’ll get there.

1 Like

I think a lot of fans watch because it’s routine, I’ll use myself as an example. I watch to a degree which means I fast forward though most of it, but the main reason I watch is because I’ve done so since 1993. If I was a new fan checking it out for the first time, I can easily say there is zero chance I continue watching. I think there are a lot of fans like me. I’m also a person who has a hard time giving up on things, as I’m 100% a completionist and unfortunately this shit never ends lol.

3 Likes

That’s a fair point. I would agree I don’t see how they make any new fans.

My seven-year-old pointed out flaws and logic once when I was watching a clip. That’s the point that we reached with this product

4 Likes

I wouldnt call myself a completionist, but this post almost described my WWE watching perfectly. It is pretty much all fast forward. I will watch all the promos/segments to hear what is being said, but it is extremely rare to watch a full match, unless it is a premium live event. The matches just mean nothing in WWE. Take the Sasha/Naomi vs Rhea/Liv match from Smackdown. I have zero interest in the womens tag division. I think it is one of the worst divisions in wrestling, due to a lack of interesting teams, but that was a pretty decent match. I still fast forwarded through it, but I stopped more than I usually do and then what happens? Interference and the match gets thrown out.

What the fuck did I waste my time for? Everyone comes out looking the same in WWE matches. I can understand why people would not like the AEW in ring style, but no one can tell me that WWE has a better style, because everyone in the company(except Kevin Owens who often pulls out different stuff) pulls out the same 5 moves of doom in every match. Every match is very formulaic and looks like its a simulation from a WWE game. None of it is bad wrestling, it just isnt exciting.

3 Likes

5 Likes

2 Likes

I was watching an interview with Shayna Baszler on Oral Sessions, and she essentially says that Vince tells them that workrate is saved for PPV and NXT, not TV matches. If they dont care about TV matches, why the hell should I? You can check it out 1min in.

3 Likes

I’ve always said, I wish they’d have more squash matches. If they dont care about TV matches, then stop giving away rematch after rematch after rematch every fucking week. Just have some guys go out there, look good in a squash and build stories in other ways.

3 Likes

Where can I put money on Stardust coming out at Wrestlemania with a huge entrance?

So has everyone learned their lesson or tuning into RAW tonight to see if Cody arrives (I don’t want to tune in but I feel like I will just to see the pop he gets if I hear there is a Seth segment)

1 Like

Everything I have read is that he debuts at Mania or night after.

2 Likes

I’m sure WWE will post the clip on YouTube immediately if he does debut. I’ll just watch it online if it happens.

But at this point I think Seth comes out at WrestleMania and then Cody debuts for an impromptu match. Similar (but hopefully better) than Cena vs Taker or Cena & Rock vs Wyatt’s.

Yeah probably makes the most sense. Milk the TV ratings until then teasing him and then have him debut at mania

This sounds most likely but seems so silly. Guess they don’t think he’ll sell any tickets … last I heard it still isn’t a sell out

1 Like

Oh, not saying it makes any sense.
He apparently has been signed for two weeks too… why not get him on TV immediately?

The buzz has worn off a lot in my opinion.

No need to watch RAW tonight friends. Fightful just posted the whole line up and there’s no Seth Rollins segment

Phew. Glad I don’t have to watch this

I do say, I’m a little blown away by the amount of excitement plenty of WWE fans have over Cody showing up. So much stuff about him “coming home”, etc. Also, apparently he’s the sole reason for AEW existing to many of them too.

So as per usual, totally normal discourse.

Not to mention, if he does make his first appearance at Mania without saying a word, he will likely get a monster pop at Raw the next night. If he debuted this week, was on TV for a couple weeks, did mania, then the Raw after mania, I dont think you would get the same level of pop.

Social media BS. You have one segment of fans (the WWE fanboys) acting like AEW is suffered the biggest loss imaginable, he’s finally back to here he should be, AEW is done etc. etc. etc. Then on the other side you have another segment of (AEW fanboys) saying he was nothing special, he’s a sellout etc. etc. etc.

I say, tune out the fanboys, just enjoy that wrestling is getting exciting again. Wrestlers jumping ship was the coolest thing about the 90’s (Nash, Hall, Jericho etc.), I love thats its coming back.

2 Likes

I could be wrong but I don’t think there will be many more of any note for a while. I could see Christian but not MJF or CM Punk but never say never I guess

1 Like