Cody Rhodes vs. Seth Rollins made official for WWE WrestleMania Backlash

Originally published at https://www.postwrestling.com/2022/04/11/cody-rhodes-vs-seth-rollins-made-official-for-wwe-wrestlemania-backlash/

Rollins and Rhodes to run it back.

Cody Rhodes had his first match on Monday Night Raw in six years on the 4/11 program. He scored a win over The Miz and post-match, he was approached by Seth Rollins who issued a challenge to Cody for a rematch. Rhodes returned to WWE at WrestleMania 38 and defeated Rollins.

Rhodes accepted Rollins’ challenge and WWE confirmed that the match is taking place on May 8th at WrestleMania Backlash.

Prior to Miz versus Cody taking place, Cody appeared on Miz TV and there was a point when Miz continued to correct Cody’s verbiage when he used the word ‘wrestler’ and ‘belt’. Miz responded by using the word ‘superstar’ and mentioning that a belt is used to hold up one’s pants.

.@WWERollins wants a rematch.@CodyRhodes says yes.

Are we about to get another Rollins vs. Rhodes classic?! #WWERaw pic.twitter.com/g1BrKx61cs

— WWE (@WWE) April 12, 2022

CODY RHODES is victorious in his first match back on #WWERaw in six years!@CodyRhodes pic.twitter.com/IV3etEpmJd

This is getting really heated really quickly!@CodyRhodes vs. @mikethemiz TONIGHT on #WWERaw pic.twitter.com/tYxt2WzL1R

Rollins versus Rhodes is the second match announced for WrestleMania Backlash in addition to Ronda Rousey challenging Charlotte Flair for the SmackDown Women’s Title in a ‘I Quit’ match.

I still find Cody’s promos to be rehearsed in their sincerity. I checked out the opening segment, the whole presentation is a bit too much.

Rematches!!! Let’s go this is always fun!

I’ve been dreaming of this rematch since they announced Seth had a mystery opponent. Can’t wait! Cody vs. Seth II let’s do this thing.

2 Likes