Cody Rhodes was going to reveal torn pec bruising for cameras backstage, was told to save it for Hell in a Cell match

Originally published at Cody Rhodes was going to reveal torn pec bruising for cameras backstage, was told to save it for Hell in a Cell match

Only Vince McMahon and a few other people saw the bruising before the match.

It has now been three months since Cody Rhodes returned to WWE at WrestleMania 38. He kicked off his return run by feuding with Seth Rollins and their third match took place inside Hell in a Cell.

Going into the match, Rhodes was dealing with a torn pectoral muscle that has since been surgically repaired. He revealed the bruising from the injury at the start of he and Rollins’ bout. Rhodes told ‘Comicbook’ that Vince McMahon and a few other people were the only ones who saw the bruising before he showed it on-screen.

Initially, Cody was going to show it so the camera people backstage could take photos, but it was suggested that he save the public reveal for the match with Rollins.

So no one saw it saw and that was — I was gonna take my robe off for cameras and then the voice of God as you call it, whoever’s the Head of Production in that moment, I remember them saying ‘don’t’ and then Stu, camera operator just told me, ‘We’re gonna save it for the show.’ Very few people had actually seen it and how bad it was and through the day, it was getting worse. It was so much blood, so much blood under my skin and I’m also anemic so if you chop me or squeeze me, you can see it instantly. So it’s just a perfect person to have their body ripped in half for that moment.

Cody was present at the 2022 ESPY Awards and he took home the WWE Moment of the Year honor.

Rhodes has stated that there is no clear timetable for his return and doctors have not given him a specific window to prevent him from trying to come back earlier than the projected time.

If the quote in this article is used, please credit ‘Comicbook’ with an H/T to POST Wrestling for the transcription.