Coliseum Videos coming to the WWE network

Super excited about this! Great content for the network!

http://www.wwenetworknews.com/2018/02/02/exclusive-full-listing-for-upcoming-coliseum-home-video-classic-content-on-wwe-network/

1 Like

Loving all the old UK shows going up here.

Even though I really want Sunday night heat the network. I fear that it will be edited greatly and full of noise pollution dubs. I know for sure the 02-05 episodes will have mavens theme dubbed since he was all over those shows.

I really hope the Silver Vision VHS opening makes it onto those UK releases.

1 Like

I remember this video. I remember it being before my UK rampage video.
Those were the days…

The track on that Silver Vision promo is fantastic.

Looking forward too hearing Lord Alfred Hayes entertain the hell out of me with what ever he comes out with pretty sure he does commentary on a lot of these

Why are people so upset st musical edits? As long as the matches are fine then surely that’s what matters.

Because it’s the entire production that makes them fond of the show. Music is a very big part of that. Just imagine watching Jaws with different studio music dubbed over the original. Changes the entire atmosphere.

1 Like

My life is now complete. I’ve been trying to find Bashed in the USA for ages!

nothing hurts wrestlers entrance than their getting dubbed and piped in crowd noise. i can only imagine how bad the edits are on old ufc cards on fight pass. any hogan entrance from 2002 is hurt with the awful voodoo child dubing and piped in crowd noise.

Coliseum Video basically started my love for wrestling. My mom got me a tape of Invasion of the Bodyslammers when I was 5, and I’ve been hooked since. Looking forward to rewatching all these tapes as I haven’t seen them in years. Some of them have some very funny hosting segments with Lord Alred and Sean Mooney. I hope those aren’t edited out.

Kinda happy that they decided to put those on the network since this will bring back fun memory from my childhood when i had to go to the video store and try to find a copy of those tapes everytime a new one would comes out. i still own some of those coliseum video’s VHS and Beta tapes that i bought when video stores would close and sell their inventory. So glad that they went on a put some of those on the network, now if they could just had old episode of superstars and wrestling challenge, that would complete my enjoyment of the network.

Here’s the match listings

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ystWwXTlohS9ANf_F89DINwgubCxAlqP3Mz11bMj8ac/mobilebasic

Here’s a few that jump out at me for historical reasons or general interest. I won’t post “spoilers” (if it’s possible to spoil a 20-30 year-old match) for those who may not know why some of these are famous and want to go in cold.

10/17/83 Jimmy Snuka vs. Don Muraco (steel cage match)
02/08/86 Randy Savage vs. Tito Santana
01/27/86 Randy Savage vs. Hulk Hogan
08/29/89 The Hart Foundation vs. The Rockers
11/13/91 Ric Flair vs. Bret Hart
12/02/91 Ric Flair vs. Shawn Michaels
07/21/92 Bret Hart vs. Shawn Michaels (ladder match)
10/12/92 Bret Hart vs. Ric Flair

WOH. I have never seen that Hart vs Flair match where he wins the title.

Whoops… forgot to take those parentheses out… though I think most of us knew that one!

The Bret vs Shawn ladder match is in the Michaels vs Hart collection, Snuka vs Muraco was part of the Snuka collection before it was removed.

From what I remember Flair vs Santana is pretty damn good, there’s loads of matches here what I’m looking forward to.